We are looking for a Video Producer / Editor to join our team to help guide projects through the video creation process.
The Producer / Editor will work closely with clients, videographers, directors, production managers, other editors or animators and executive producers in order to accomplish and maintain the quality of work from start to finish. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Create and present budgets and schedules for video productions based on concepts or scripts
- Communicate the process of video production to clients and vendors or coworkers
- Assessing equipment needs for production and making recommendations as well as renting necessary tools from vendors or companies
- Hire contractors, freelancers and companies to make sure each production as necessary personnel
- Assist in delivering projects on time and on budget at high quality standards expected from our clients
- The ability to edit video when needed
- The ability to create call sheets, schedules and shotlists
- Act as a point of contact with vendors as well as some client interaction
A solid understanding of how videos are made, preproduction, production and postproduction is essential. Understanding of the technology and terminology used in video production are mandatory.
- Collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently
- Skilled in running a production, large and small and delegating tasks when needed
- Skilled in story editing and experience with editing or leading an edit session in a collaborative environment
- Skilled in editing on Adobe Premiere Pro
- Working knowledge of Adobe After Effects
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, In Design and Photoshop a plus
Required Education and Experience:
- 5 years of experience in a video production environment at a production company or agency
- BA or Associates degree
- An exceptional on-line portfolio showcasing innovative concepts and creative executions
- Solid understanding of preproduction process, including experience making schedules, call sheets, shot lists and script breakdowns
- Experience on set running a production, working with clients and making sure all expectations are being met
- Experience using an agency or team management digital platform
- Experience with pitching concepts and ideas to clients
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some activities will require the ability to lift equipment, carry cases and bend and move as necessary.
This position requires some local, out-of-the-area and overnight travel.