Have you been looking to supercharge your career at an early-stage, Silicon Valley startup? Are you looking for a fast-changing environment where your voice matters? Then Belong is for you!
If you’re looking to have an impact, grow personally and professionally at record speeds, and fast-track your career trajectory, Belong is the ideal environment.
We are seeking an energetic, motivated, and passionate individual for the full-time position of Operations Associate. Based in our Palo Alto headquarters, you will be responsible for coordinating and improving our field operations. This position is ideal for someone who is looking to grow into a VP of Operation or COO role in the future.
We are an experienced team backed by Andreessen Horowitz and GGV Capital, and working at the intersection of consumer real estate and hospitality. In a nutshell, we are reinventing long-term renting!
We’re building a rewarding, fun, and diverse working environment with the ambition to change the world. This is an opportunity to work in a top Silicon Valley, early-stage startup and be on the team that brings a completely reimagined experience to the rental market. Passion about real estate is a plus but customer centricity is what is most meaningful; customers are the center of our business.
Your primary role is to help us establish our operations team, processes, and procedure. Through operations, we offer unparalleled service to our current and prospective members, ensuring every interaction is positive, and every issue is quickly responded to and resolved. This is a high-impact and high-visibility role, as you will be working directly with our founders and executive team. You will learn firsthand how to build a business function from the ground up.
- You believe human connection should be a priority in life.
- You have an unstoppable curiosity.
- You have a level of energy that’s above the mean of your peers.
- You love taking on hard problems.
- You are biased to action and continual improvement. You understand that, often, 70% confidence is enough to act. Then, you improve our systems, processes, and yourself.
- You are a clear communicator, with strong written and verbal communications skills.
- You are fearless. You’ll do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- You are trustworthy, independent, and willing to get your hands dirty.
- You are a creative problem solver. You can think outside the box, and solve complicated and multi-faceted issues.
What you will do
- Work closely with our product and engineering teams, to build and advance our internal systems and tools.
- Partner with our member services team, to provide our clients with memorable experiences.
- Support our field operations Pros with day to day activities, such as scheduling maintenance, coordinating vendors, and drafting bids and quotes.
- Build and maintain relationships with local skilled professionals, who will be part of our network.
- Ensure that all maintenance work is performed to our (strict) standards.
- Communicate with our members, answering questions and providing solutions.
- Help grow the team with participation in hiring and onboarding new colleagues.
- Other duties as required as we grow and reimagine the field operations experience.
- Learn, work hard, and have fun.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Location, and Availability
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university; a major or minor in operations is a plus.
- 1-3 years of experience in an operations or project-management role.
- Experience in real-estate, construction, or vendor management is a big plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Command of additional languages, especially Spanish, is a plus.
- Customer-service focused and detail oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly to adverse situations.
- You can be available some nights, weekends, and holidays.
- You have a valid driver’s license and a car, to get you places.
- You live in or can relocate to the Bay Area. A relocation bonus is available.
- You are convinced an early stage venture-backed startup with big dreams is right for you.
- You are ready to roll up your sleeves and help disrupt an industry.
If you have the dream to make an impact on a small team and grow as a leader, please respond with a cover letter and your resume.
Belong is an Equal Opportunity Employer