Have you been looking to begin your career at an early-stage, silicon valley startup? Are you looking for a fast-paced environment where your voice matters? Then, Belong is for you!
We are seeking empathetic, motivated, and passionate individuals for our Member Services Specialist openings. You will be based in our Palo Alto office and will be our first point of contact for prospective and current members looking for help.
As a Member Services Specialist, your primary role is to help us offer unparalleled service to our current and prospective members by making sure every interaction with a customer is positive, and that every issue and question is quickly responded to and solved. However, this is not a traditional position. As an early team member in this role, you will co-create all processes and policies with the head of your department. This is a high impact and high visibility role as you will be working directly with our CEO. You will learn, firsthand, how to build a business function from the ground up.
- You believe human connection should be a priority in life, product, and the workplace.
- You have an unstoppable curiosity.
- You have a level of energy that’s above the mean of your peers.
- You love taking on hard problems.
- You have an obsession for providing extraordinary customer service.
- You are empathetic, kind, thoughtful, responsive, and timely.
- You are trustworthy, independent, and with a customer-comes-first attitude.
- You can be available some weekends and some holidays.
- You live in the Bay Area.
- You are convinced an early stage venture-backed startup with big dreams is right for you.
- You are ready to roll up your sleeves and help disrupt an industry.
What you will do
- Respond to member interactions in real time via phone calls, emails, texts, chats, and more.
- Quickly, efficiently, and empathetically understand key concerns and either address them or route them to another team member who can best serve the customer.
- Anticipate and solve member issues and construct feedback loops to disseminate learning to the rest of the company.
- Assist with building and improving our internal processes, systems and internal and member-facing help articles with a mindset of efficiency and growth.
- Gain Real Estate Industry knowledge and expertise as you work directly with our Homeowner onboarding team daily.
- Other duties as required as we reimagine the member experience and grow
- Learn, work hard, and have fun.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Location, and Availability:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, a plus if that is in hospitality or a related field.
- Internships at a customer-centric business or startup and hospitality is a big plus.
- Excellent command of the English language - both written and oral.
- Additional languages are helpful
- Customer-service focused and detail oriented.
Required licenses and certifications:
None! However, we encourage all member service team members to get their California Real Estate Certification, which will be sponsored by Belong.
If you have the dream to make an impact on a small team and grow as a leader, please respond with a cover letter and your resume.