Have you been looking to supercharge your career at an early-stage, Silicon Valley startup? Are you looking for a fast-changing environment where your voice matters? Then Belong is for you!
If you’re looking to have an impact, grow personally and professionally at record speeds, and fast-track your career trajectory, Belong is the ideal environment.
We are seeking an energetic, motivated, and passionate individual for the full-time position of Homeowner Growth Specialist. Based in our Palo Alto headquarters, you will be responsible for onboarding new homeowners. This position is ideal for someone who is looking to grow in sales and business development roles in the future.
We are an experienced team backed by Andreessen Horowitz and GGV Capital, working at the intersection of consumer real estate and hospitality. In a nutshell, we are reinventing long-term renting!
We’re building a rewarding, fun, and diverse working environment with the ambition to change the world. This is an opportunity to work in a top Silicon Valley, early-stage startup and be on the team that brings a completely reimagined experience to the rental market. Passion about real estate is a plus but customer centricity is what is most meaningful; customers are the center of our business.
Your primary role is to help us grow the number of homeowners that join Belong. Through onboarding, we offer unparalleled service to our current and prospective homeowners, ensuring every interaction is positive, and they are delighted by our service. This is a high-impact and high-visibility role, as you will be welcoming the next batch of homeowners to experience Belong!
- You believe human connection should be a priority in life.
- You have an unstoppable curiosity.
- You have a level of energy that’s above the mean of your peers.
- You love taking on hard problems.
- You are biased to action and continual improvement. You understand that, often, 70% confidence is enough to act. Then, you improve our systems, processes, and yourself.
- You are a clear communicator, with strong written and verbal communications skills.
- You are fearless. You’ll do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- You are trustworthy, independent, and willing to get your hands dirty.
- You are a creative problem solver. You can think outside the box, and solve complicated and multi-faceted issues.
What you will do:
- Lead the relationship with prospective homeowners from start to finish
- Answer phone calls, emails, texts, chats, and more from prospective homeowners.
- Visit homeowners at their homes
- Assist with building and maintaining email content for our communication with prospective homeowners
- Work closely with our member services team, to build and advance memorable experiences for our clients.
- Assist with improving our internal processes with a mindset of efficiency and growth.
- Prepare homeowners for next steps once they formally join Belong
- Other duties as required, as we reimagine the homeowner experience and grow.
- Learn, work hard, and have fun.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Location, and Availability:
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university; a major or minor in business is a plus.
- Experience in real estate is a big plus.
- Business Development or Sales is a plus.
- Excellent command of the English language - both written and oral.
- You have a valid driver’s license and a car, to get you places.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly to adverse situations.
- Command of additional languages is helpful.
- Customer-service focused and detail oriented.
- Empathetic, kind, thoughtful, responsive, and timely.
- Be available on weekends and some holidays.
- Be located in the Bay Area. Relocation bonus is available.
- You are convinced an early stage venture-backed startup with big dreams is right for you.
- You are ready to roll up your sleeves and help disrupt an industry.
Required licenses and certifications:
- Valid CA drivers license with reliable and insured transportation required
- Nice to have: California Real Estate License (Broker or Salesperson)
If you have the dream to make an impact on a small team and grow as a leader, please respond with a cover letter and your resume.
Belong is an Equal Opportunity Employer