Belong is a leading Bay Area residential property management company. Our clients are individual homeowners, who partner with us to look after their single-family homes, condos, and town houses. We are looking to grow our in-house maintenance team. Come join us!
As a maintenance technician, you will ensure that our properties are in excellent condition, both inside and out. You will help define the role, expanding your responsibilities as you grow.
- Provide excellent customer-facing service to our homeowners and tenants.
- Perform routine maintenance in individual units, common areas and amenity areas of the properties, including preventative maintenance, upkeep, and repairs.
- Assist and coordinate with specialists (HVAC, plumbing, electricity, etc.) in diagnosing and repairing problem.
- Complete service requests in a timely manner and as efficiently as directed.
- Perform inspections of properties and individual units, identifying issues and recommending actions.
- Prepare vacant units for new move-ins.
- Post legal notices to doors and handle basic customer service for residents at properties
- Ensure proper removal and disposal of trash as needed.
- Perform other maintenance duties as requested.
- Building or single-family home maintenance experience strongly desired.
- High School diploma, or GED equivalency. College or trade school preferred.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., HVAC, CPO) are a plus.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Strong communication including written follow-up and verbal ability to explain solutions to resident issues.
- Ability to multitask including prioritizing work orders.
- Robust computer skills - ability to learn and use systems for tracking, scheduling and communications.
- Own tools such as a hammer, screwdrivers, channel locks, multimeter, hex keys, pliers, flashlight.
- Flexibility to respond to after-hours emergency calls as part of an on-call rotation.
- May be exposed to constant activity that requires intermittent standing, bending, crouching, pushing/pulling, lifting/moving/carrying (light to heavy weight material/appliances/equipment), climbing ladders/stairs, and walking on rooftops.
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate small-motorized equipment (e.g., repetitive hand/wrist, gripping and elbow motion)
- Must have normal range of hearing, vision, color discrimination and depth perception for proper operation of machines and equipment.
- Requires the use of appropriate safety equipment (e.g., back belts, goggles, masks, gloves, etc.)
- Full-time W2 employment.
- Eligible for overtime pay.
- Full benefits: health, vision, dental.
- Paid time-off.
- Company-provided iPad and uniform.
- Travel expense reimbursements.
Belong is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
Salary, Overtime Eligible, Full Benefits (Health, Dental, Vision), 401(k), Paid Time-Off, Company-Provided iPad & Uniform, Travel Expense Reimbursement