Are you a Human Resources Professional living in Santa Cruz County who is tired of driving over Hwy 17 every day to Silicon Valley? Stop commuting and join our growing, home services company! Join a team who will appreciate you and the tremendous impact your roles has on daily operation, culture and growth. If you have upwards of five (5) years of HR Management experience (ideally 8-10+ years in HR), apply today!
BASIC ROLE: Run our human resources department by screening and interviewing applicants, preparing payroll, on-boarding new employees, training current employees, and administering employee benefit programs. Additional duties include:
- Source job candidates by screening, interviewing, and testing applicants; notifying existing staff of internal opportunities; maintaining personnel records; obtaining temporary staff from agencies.
- Pay employees by calculating pay; distributing checks; maintaining records.
- Administer medical, dental and health insurance by advising employees of eligibility; providing application information; helping with form completion; verifying submission; notifying employees of approvals.
- Monitor unemployment claims by reviewing claims; substantiating documentation; requesting legal counsel review.
- Maintain human resources records by recording new hires, transfers, terminations, changes in job classifications, merit increases; tracking vacation, sick, and personal time.
- Orient new employees by providing orientation information packets; reviewing company policies; gathering withholding and other payroll information; explaining and obtaining signatures for benefit programs.
- Document human resources actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
FOR OUR VALUED TEAM MEMBERS, WE OFFER:
- Generous Pay depending on experience
- Benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401K w/ matching)
- Paid Vacation
- Family Friendly Hours
- Positive Work Environment
- Growth Potential
POSITION REQUIREMENTS / PREREQUISITES:
- A four year degree is required in any concentration, preferred in HR.
- Previous HR experience expected, no first timers. A minimum of five (5) years prior experience as HR Manager.
- Excellence at using personal computers and standard business software is required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be Google Suite and tech savvy, we run an almost paperless office
- Working knowledge of Zenefits.com
Human Resource skills include: Administrative Writing Skills, Verbal Communication, Maintaining Employee Files, Compensation and Wage Structure, Orienting Employees, Benefits Administration, Interviewing Skills, Professionalism, Organization, Teamwork, Supply Management.