Embibe is a leading Edtech platform powered by artificial intelligence and data science. We deliver personalised learning and predictable learning outcomes for each aspiring individual. We have built world class products that empower the education ecosystem- the students, teachers, educational institutes and parents, by enabling them to understand the students' strengths and weaknesses down to the most granular concept level.
We are on a journey to enable a quarter of India’s population to excel in education: 300 million learners across 1.5 M institutions, including vernacular users. In our quest of discovering ‘what matters in education’, we have touched the lives of over 18 million students across different strata of society.
Each Embiber is passionate towards making a meaningful impact in the way we learn, process and educate ourselves. We are highly transparent in our goals, our communication, feedback and results. Aditi Avasthi, the founder CEO, leads the company’s vision of building the future of learning and education, personalised to each and available to all.
Having the largest data lake in Education with 18 billion data signals and multiple patents in progress, we were recently recognised as the best AI company in education by Amazon.
We have partnered with Reliance Jio earlier this year to work towards our collective vision of democratizing education and impacting a billion lives.
Learn more about us
At Embibe, Data is the foundation of our suite of products and services, and as a Data Visualiser you will bring our data to life. Embibe captures data small & large; and needs to communicate it in enlightening, understandable ways - your role will entail visualising the most important and useful information that can positively impact performance and academic outcomes for students. You will be expressing data in Embibe’s products through compelling, engaging and intuitive visual storytelling by turning heaps of data into actionable insights by making it easy for students, institutes and internal stakeholders to understand. You will push the envelope beyond line graphs, bar charts and tables assuming you’ve a good handle on your end-users’ perception and cognition.
You will execute this by complementing product designers, product managers and data scientists with data visualization that will push the constraints of our products, enhance the user experience and delight our users. The need to translate data into actionable insights & feedback at Embibe has never been higher so you’re contribution will be invaluable to the success of our products. Brownie points to anyone who understands the education industry and how data can impact behavioural change.
You will be expected to immerse yourself in exploring the data and how to shape the data visually. You recognize that data visualization improves comprehension, engagement, and context. You sweat the details, but not at the expense of the big picture.
- Assist in developing best practices for data presentation and sharing across the organization
- Provide the team with data visualization best-practices and recommend approaches or tools to increase the effectiveness of this role
- Develop a strong network of information designers & data visualisation specialists that can provide cover when we need additional capacity
- Build efficient and reusable data visualisation templates and design pattern library
- Design, develop and deliver interactive visualisation to be included in student, institute & internal dashboards or product marketing collateral.
- Work with product managers, UX designers and data scientists to translate data results and datasets into meaningful visualizations
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, HCI, Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years of professional design experience working in the field of data visualization/information design
- Well-versed in the latest in data visualization and web design trends and tools for all devices and platforms.
- Excellent knowledge of data tools (spreadsheets and databases)
- Comfortable with HTML 5, CSS 3 or React (Bonus for React, D3.js, WebGL or Three.js, mapping tools like Mapbox)
- Advanced knowledge of and experience using Sketch & Adobe Suite (Bonus for softwares like Qlik, Tableau, or Power BI)
- Expertise with creating, designing, and developing interactive dashboards and visualizations
- Expertise in designing accurate and engaging data visualisations that work well on the different devices and platforms.
- Demonstrates ability to understand the audience and anticipate how end users
- will consume and comprehend complex data sets
- Demonstrates ability to reduce data to only the bare minimum of what is needed to communicate a message
- You have a strong portfolio that demonstrate your design sensibilities
- Ability to learn new tools and new ways of displaying data
- Highly effective communicator. Excellent communication skills, especially around capturing and communicating a brief
- Entrepreneurial mindset. Collaborative spirit, contributes to team dynamic.
- Masterful at collaborating, negotiating, communicating, and presenting
- You’re strategic, humble, curious, and driven to be part of a high-performing team
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize, solve problems creatively, and work under tight deadlines
- Comfortable working independently, and delivering high quality outcomes with minimal oversight