Scripbox is a radical new approach to personal investing. Combining the principles of portfolio theory and behavioural finance, Scripbox offers pre-selected mutual funds and an easy one-stop method of investing in them.
Scripbox simplifies investing by eliminating the confusion created by too much jargon and too much choice. We do this by combining cutting edge technology, data-driven algorithms, awesome UX and friendly customer support.
Scripbox is the 2nd 'Most Influential financial brand' on Linkedin globally and is India's most trusted online investment service. We have customers in 1000+ cities/towns in India.
The ‘Design and Customer Experience Team’ is in the process of building a high-performance, delight-oriented team of designers and researchers to take our customer experience to the next level. If you care deeply about improving the financial lives of people, by removing the barriers and frictions to entry, by designing digital products to go beyond basic transactional experiences and by forming long term service relationships, then join us in this pioneering effort.
This position is located in Bangalore, India.
- Production design – delivering comps, assets, specs and working with front-end developers to ensure a thorough and timely handover.
- Motion design – delivering video prototypes, UI transitions, micro-interactions, animation specifications
- Design Quality Assurance (DQA) – ensuring the code delivered by front-end engineering adheres to spec and if not, reporting on it, and getting it fixed. Improving practices to reduce issues over time.
- Design Standards – being the producer and keeper of design standards, pattern library and related assets and ensuring designers, developers and others adhere to them on an ongoing basis.
- Exploration - Designing and prototyping quick and multiple exploratory concepts based on requirements, wireframes, whiteboard/paper sketches or even hallway discussions.
- Collaboration – pairing up with interaction designers, developers, researchers and others to ensure they have what they need from you. Being constantly connected with development cycles, customer problems and platform developments to proactively find opportunities for improvement, inspiration and design evangelism.
- Mentoring - Contribute to the career growth of junior designers and interns. (Mentoring outside the company via community activities, conference participation, blogging, etc. is highly desirable too.)
- 8+ years of relevant experience as a visual designer for digital products
- Masters or Bachelors degree in visual communication / Design / Art or a related stream
- A rich portfolio and references demonstrating the following skills:
- Strong visual design, visual communication and graphic design fundamentals - Colors, fonts, layout, grids, icons, etc., and using visual design techniques to drive users towards a goal, affecting their emotional state and behaviour for a positive outcome.
- Experience in creating perfect and meaningful iconography and data visualisations
- Intermediate to expert skills in motion graphics and animation effects
- Have an eye for detail and a "back-of-the-fence" obsession with perfection
- Design systems – Familiarity with desktop and mobile OS guidelines and design systems. Familiarity with web design and accessibility standards across platforms. We expect that you have an opinion about and can debate for and against Flat, Material, Fluent or whatever new ‘standards’ are released from time to time.
- Basic understanding of the development frameworks used by engineers – HTML, CSS, JS, animation libraries, SVG transformations. (you don’t need to know how to code, but you do need to know what is possible in the given tech, how far it can be pushed and what just cannot be done. For browser-based interfaces, being able to open up the code inspector and making a few tweaks to explain intent is useful but not mandatory.)
- Teamwork - an effective collaborator with the ability to strike a balance between showing initiative and seeking appropriate guidance and input from others
- Communication – trust is an extremely critical aspect of our business making it imperative that that UI text is written in perfect English. For internal and customer communication, clear and accurate written and spoken English communication is a key requirement.
- Selling – A key skill for designers is to be able to explain the rationale and intent of their design decisions and why they suit the goals of the user and the business is important. Conversely, understanding the intent of critique and using it to iterate is just as important.
- Self-organisation – Working on multiple products which are at different points in their production cycle requires efficient time-management and tracking of delivery expectations both within the team and accountability towards other teams. You must have a working system in place which allows you to be on top of your work and deliverables. It could range from post-its all over your monitor to GTD/Pomodoro – whatever works for you.
(Don’t need to know all; knowing some, alternatives to others and a willingness to learn new ones from time to time is enough)
- Adobe CS suite
- Principle / Origami / Framer / After Effects
- Invision, Keynote