The Project Coordinator is responsible is four key areas:
- Client Management
- Budgeting + Cost Tracking
- Planning, Communication, and Teamwork
- Design Strategies and Design Problem Solving
In the course of a project, he or she works with Draftsmen, Designers, Fabricators, Scenics, Subcontractors, and Operations Directors to see that the client vision is executed and delivered on schedule.
A Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to be a team-member on a project, assisting the Project Manager with the many moving parts:
- Crew Scheduling
- Cost Tracking
- Change Orders
- Punch List Updating
- Document Distribution
In addition to client-focused projects, Coordinators will be tasked with managing ongoing projects within Bednark Studio, such as improvements to the shop and improvements to our IT systems.
We expect that Coordinators bring to the position a base of knowledge in a relevant area (design, costing, administration, or construction) and grow to excel in all areas.
Below is a more detailed description of this work:
- Support Project Manager in day-to-day communication with clients to create trust and goodwill.
- Evaluate and process client feedback of all categories. Deliver the client's message to the appropriate party, and provide the appropriate context. In all cases, responding to the client on the shop’s behalf.
- Identify and communicate project challenges and brainstorm solutions with client.
Budgeting and Cost Tracking
- Identify and describe the Bednark Scope of Work (SOW) and develop the project budget/estimate with the Project Manager.
- On smaller projects, taking the lead in developing the Quote and Invoice.
- Keep quote current with change orders and updates to the scope. Document all approvals, day and date.
- Tracking costs in partnership with a Project Manager.
Planning, Communication, and Teamwork
- Assist in day-to-day communication with Fabrication Managers, Producers, and clients regarding project status and needs.
- Work with Foreman and Charge Scenic to execute samples, prototypes, and all elements.
- Knowledgeable about upcoming projects.
- Prepare and manage spreadsheets, digital assets, schedules, purchasing and daily tasks for projects, in partnership with Project Managers.
- Ensure all project documents are current and accurate. Includes but is not limited to: Estimates, Elements list, and Work-Back Schedule.
- Maintain projects digitally; including all assets, estimates, and client communication.
- In instances where a Coordinator is running a project by himself or herself, deliver projects on time, within budget, and exceed expectations.
- Recap with Department Leads on successes and failures.
- Improve efficiencies by developing and implementing best practices for Project Management.
- Quality control all elements throughout the fabrication process.
- Coordinators will be tasked with managing ongoing projects within Bednark Studio, such as improvements to the shop, be they organizational, physical, or digital.