Bednark Studio is a premier design and fabrication studio powered by creativity, technology and big ideas.
We collaborate with event companies, agencies, corporate clients, and set designers to build cutting-edge brand experiences.
Bednark is founded on the principle that execution and craftsmanship are the building blocks to happy clients.
Measure twice, cut once.
- Work from non-complex blueprints, specifications, work sheets, dimensions, color codes, mixing charts, tables, verbal and written instruction/information.
- Experienced in the use of spray guns, cup guns or air driven spray equipment, which includes the ability to operate and maintain HPLV spray guns
- Ability to safely and correctly change pots and mix paint to correct color and thickness- Inspecting all parts on line before finishing for damages and defects
- Responsible for housekeeping of both inside and out of spray booth during production and at end of shift
- Prepares and coats sample pieces as needed.
- Experience using a wide variety of paints, including, but not limited to: Automotive/ Lacquer/ Latex/ Polyurethane
- Ability to differentiate between slight shades of color
- Ability to effectively communicate and positively interact with co-workers, leads, and management staff
- Close attention to detail
- Ability to consistently follow standard operating procedures
- Ability to work under conditions with changing priorities, short deadlines, and multiple work assignments
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must have good attendance- Tardiness is not tolerated
- Can read and understand necessary paperwork to facilitate the production order.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and/or move while performing job duties; must be able to bend, stoop or reach when performing job duties;
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Repetitive motion using hands, arms
- Must have dexterity of hand and fingers to operate equipment;
- Ability to use a respirator and pass a respirator fit test
- While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to temperature ranges from 65 to 95 degrees F as well as low and high humidity ranges. The employee may on occasion be exposed to any number of adverse shop elements/odors to the extent of being disagreeable.
- The noise level in the work environment may be somewhat loud.
- Capable of wearing and inspecting all Personal Protective Equipment for all job assignments. Respirators, Gloves, Protective Eyewear, etc.
- Willingness and ability to work overtime and weekends, as necessary
- Willingness to rotate into other shop positions as needed, or as instructed by supervisor