Bednark Studio is a premier design and fabrication studio powered by creativity, technology and big ideas. We collaborate with event companies, agencies, corporate clients, and set designers to build cutting edge brand experiences. Bednark is founded on the principle that execution and craftsmanship are the building blocks to happy clients. Measure twice, cut once.
We are seeking skilled and experienced freelance Carpenters for onsite project event work.
- Acts as an installer on job site and helps manage the site activities to ensure the install is completed on time.
- Troubleshoot issues with project manager & install team
- Load equipment and tools properly on company vehicles for delivery and work in the field
- Demonstrates responsible attendance and punctuality.
- Ensure employees follow all safety regulations on job sites.
- Attends scouts and meetings leading up to the installation as needed.
- Must be experienced with hand tools, power tools and woodworking machinery
- Able to lift up to 75 pounds
- Possess the ability to follow directions, plans, blueprints, and sketches.
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and possible holidays to meet the varied business needs of the event industry
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess professional interpersonal skills to interact with clients
- Strong working computer and mobile devices knowledge
- Must be accurate, detail orientated – with the ability to operate well under pressure
- Ability to multi-task and stay focused on critical objectives
- 2-5 years of on-site installation experience
- 1-2 years of lead supervisor project management and or construction industry experience
- Events primarily take place in the NJ/NY Metro area.
- The hours of these positions vary, based primarily on the scheduling of each event. Candidates with open availability are highly preferred (days, nights, or weekends, and occasional over-time available.)