Bednark Studio is a premier design and fabrication studio powered by creativity, technology and big ideas. We collaborate with event companies, agencies, corporate clients, and set designers to build cutting-edge brand experiences. Bednark is founded on the principle that execution and craftsmanship are the building blocks to happy clients. Measure twice, cut once.
- Preparing drawings based on specifications and project estimate; recommending appropriate materials to be used; archiving completed projects
- Identify technical problems, provide practical solutions and cost reduction ideas appropriate to the size and complexity of projects.
- Knowledgeable in material composition and construction methods that are applicable to the fabrication industry including exhibit fabrication, trade show fabrication, architectural millwork, high-end cabinetry or interior build out.
- Fluency in VectorWorks and/or AutoCAD.
- Ability to value engineer, perform self-directed product research and propose different methods of construction methods while meeting design intent and budget/time restrictions.
- 3D Studio and Adobe Suite are a plus.
Required Professional Skills:
- A two-year degree in engineering or a related field with a minimum of two years of technical drawing experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to organize multiple projects simultaneously
- Critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Prioritizes and organizes own work to meet agreed upon deadlines
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with team members and outside professionals while proactively communicating with the Project Manager to obtain needed information to continue progress on plans.
- Possess good judgment and attention to detail
- Flexible to work overtime and weekends as required.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing team-oriented environment.
- Able to work in a seated office environment with extensive time on the computer and on the production floor as required with exposure to mild discomfort from factors such as dust, loud noise, and varying temperatures.
* PLEASE SUBMIT PORTFOLIO OR PREVIOUS BUILD DRAWINGS WITH RESUME TO BE CONSIDERED *