Bednark Studio is a premier design and fabrication studio powered by creativity, technology and big ideas.
We collaborate with event companies, agencies, corporate clients, and set designers to build cutting edge brand experiences.
Bednark is founded on the principle that execution and craftsmanship are the building blocks to happy clients. Measure twice, cut once.
- Carpenters are responsible for the fabrication, installation, and handling of custom builds while adhering to the department’s production schedule.
- Must have knowledge of fabrication specific to special events, staging, theater and retail displays.
- Works well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Able to read & comprehend shop drawings as well as adhere to quality building standards and specifications
- Ability to work in both solo and team environments
- Able to effectively communicate - both orally and in writing
- Ensures proper safety practices are followed
- Proficient in assembling display parts generated and cut on CNC machine
- 1+ years’ experience in finish carpentry - additional 1+ years’ experience in scenic (or related) carpentry preferred
- Extensive knowledge of stationary and hand-held power tools including table saw, routers and typical rotary blade/bit tools
- Possession of basic hand tools
- Willingness to work overtime, nights, and weekends when necessary to deliver the project on time
- Knowledge of building materials pertinent to industry standards, focused on sheet goods made of wood, laminate and plastics