Bednark Studio is a premier design and fabrication studio powered by creativity, technology, and big ideas.
We collaborate with event companies, agencies, corporate clients, and set designers to build cutting-edge brand experiences.
Bednark is founded on the principle that execution and craftsmanship are the building blocks to happy clients.
Measure twice, cut once.
The Project Manager represents the company to clients and vendors and is responsible for estimating, bidding, and managing projects (including project revenue and margin)
The Project Manager works collaboratively with Engineering and Production to achieve company targets.
- Develop and maintain new & existing client relationships
- Identify and describe Scope of Work and develop project budget / estimate.
- Aware of all pending & approved projects.
- Facilitate and actively take part in project meetings and distribute meeting notes.
- Lead day-to-day communication with Fabrication Managers, Producers, and clients regarding project status and needs
- Lead day-to-day communication with producers and external clients to ensure that the project is meeting deadlines
- Work with Foreman and Charge Scenic to execute samples, prototypes, and all elements.
- Identify and communicate project challenges and brainstorm solutions with Department Leads
- Coordinate all change orders along the project timeline.
- Quality control all elements throughout the fabrication process.
- Ensure all project documents are current and accurate. Includes but is not limited to: Estimates, Elements list, and Work-Back Schedule.
- Maintain projects digitally; including all assets, estimates, and client communication.
- Deliver projects on time, within budget, and exceed expectations.
- Recap with Department Leads on successes and failures.
- Identify future needs and ways Bednark’s capabilities can help further client’s Brand
- Improve efficiencies by developing and implementing best practices for Project Management.
- 4-6 years of Project Management experience in a manufacturing or construction environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Basic proposal writing and financial skills; ability to perform costing/estimating
- Excellent negotiating skills and ability to understand contract terms
- Ability to make critical trade-offs when prioritizing short-term and long-term
- Outstanding relationship skills; Team oriented with highly collaborative work
- Proactive and willing to initiate action, solution oriented
- Must have the ability to work on their own and bring their own skills to bear to improve the processes and procedures already in place