Property / Apartment Maintenance – New York/Brooklyn
As a New York Operations Associate you will support the day to day operations that make Bedly customers happy and excited, our properties pristine, and help grow the Bedly brand. Your job will be a mix of customer service, property management, and problem-solving, all at the pace of a fast-growing, venture capital-backed start-up.
This is a challenging, demanding, and rewarding position with many moving parts. If you are looking to give it your all and grow in a start-up environment our New York operations and customer experience role could be right for you.
At Bedly our mission is to accelerate the future of housing. We manage and operate hundreds of apartments across NYC, Boston and Jersey City. Bedly furnishes apartments and sets up wifi and utilities so that members can rent individual rooms alongside other Bedly Roommates. We’re expanding quickly and are looking for new team members to help grow the company.
- You are responsible for working with regional Bedly Community Managers to maintain Bedly's apartments and deliver a great customer experience
- Respond to and execute customer maintenance requests, cleanings, onsite inventory audits, and other projects that require a physical presence in Bedly apartments
- Resolve customer requests in a fast and efficient manner
- Coordinate with third parties (movers, cleaners, exterminators, contractors, etc.)
- Be available for consistently for weekend hours and after hours for emergencies and lockouts
- Perform basic maintenance tasks and basic furniture assembly
We are looking for people who are:
- Proud of what they do
- Friendly, approachable, and dependable
- Obsessed with delivering incredible customer service
- Have property management or similar experience
- Have handy skills and willingness to learn new skills. Basic knowledge of plumbing, HVAC, and electrical are a plus
- Problem Solvers who won’t stop until an issue is resolved
- Strong Communicators
- Able to initially commit to working 10+ hours of work a week with potential to grow into full-time role
- Able to commit to working Saturdays & Sundays
- Able to adapt to ever-changing work environments and schedules
- Strong organization skills
- Live in or near the Brooklyn area
- Car and driver’s license
- Modern smart phone that can support mobile applications
- Basic computer skills (Google Sheets, Google Docs, website use)
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Fluent in English
- $16 - $20 hourly
- Car usage, mileage and travel reimbursement
Job Type: Part-time