We are hiring a Full Stack Engineer for Barstool Sports located in New York City.
As a Full-Stack Developer, you will not only own, but perform maintenance and site enhancements across an array of projects. You will be tasked to work with the product & engineering team, to navigate the chaos that is Barstool, and perform the engineering lift needed to accomplish our core objectives, through the application of your command in full-stack development. The team is using NodeJS, ReactJS, Wordpress, and is completely serverless.
Additionally, we don’t just hire code monkeys. Everyone on the engineering team contributes to the product and vision of where we are taking Barstool. You should absolutely love what you do.
Front-end languages and frameworks you should love….
- Semantic HTML
- CSS, with preprocessors such as SCSS
- Task runners including Webpack, Gulp, Grunt, and NPM modules
Back-end languages, frameworks, and tools you should love….
- Wordpress (maybe not love…)
- CircleCI, Wercker
- MySQL, MongoDB
- Writing and maintaining unit and integration tests.
- Have knowledge in provisioning popular web servers (AWS, Digital Ocean...)
- Knowledge of serverless architecture a plus
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- Self-motivated and able to efficiently run with a project without close supervision
- Ability to work well with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills — you should be able to clearly articulate your decisions.