We are hiring a Backend Dev-Ops Engineer for Barstool Sports located in New York City, who will solve a wide range of technical problems. This position will be responsible for the Installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of AWS environments, provisioning of Cloud infrastructure, systems configuration, deployment of patches, and implementation of security controls, supporting upgrades, and troubleshooting issues.
As a Backend Dev-Ops Engineer, you will not only own, but will advise and partner with the Product and Engineerings teams in building resilient cloud infrastructure that supports the initiatives of Barstool. You will be responsible for the operations of secure and highly available computing platforms, servers, and networks.
An ideal candidate is proficient in NodeJS, REST APIs, AWS Lambda, API Gateway, S3, VPC, RDS, Mongo, MySQL, Git, Docker.
- Leverage technical expertise in Cloud computing and hosting concepts to advise and educate both technical and non-technical members of the team. Provide direct technical support for the development of project technical deliverables.
- Develops, maintains, monitors, and supports the infrastructure environment and the resolution of systemic issues
- Defines and implementing disaster recovery plans
- Takes the lead on cloud recommendations and security readiness
- Defines improvements to increase system security/integrity, reliability and performance based on health check results
- Acts as the technical liaison between operations teams, engineers and architects, providing critical operational insight to upcoming implementations and strategies, including validation of ongoing solutions supportability.
- Communicates events to stakeholders, IT teams, and leadership
- Integrates solutions with other applications and platforms based on engineering requirements
- Develops plans and performs routine maintenance tasks for infrastructure systems such as backups, patch management and hot fixes
- Monitors database maintenance and provides appropriate recommendations, when required
- Reviews and certifies support documents
- Recommends settings changes to the operating system to improve performance and reliability
- Develops, maintains, recommends, documents, and supports tools and back-end utilities to provide capacity planning management
- Monitors database security integrity, performance and recommends changes
- Reports security issues when appropriate and gathers required information