We are hiring a Head of Licensing for Barstool Sports located in New York, NY. This role is responsible for extending the reach and value of our brands and properties through partnerships and commerce to enter new channels and categories.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned licensing executive with experience in both brand and consumer product licensing and media and content licensing. Candidates should be well versed in brand strategy, business development, negotiations and license administration. This is a chance to build a licensing business from the ground up, and leverage the scale of our audience to attract licensees & structure impactful partnerships.
- Build a licensing strategy across the company.
- Build seamless processes that support the speed of the organization.
- Build systems for managing licenses & administering licensees.
- Build pricing strategies.
- Collaborate with marketing, editorial and sales teams on brand strategy & stewardship.
- Help to define rules and brand books for each of our properties.
- Build relationships with licensees, negotiate and sell licenses.
- Administer licenses-building process for product, usage approvals and clearances.
- Build a team focused on licensing (and/or) manage outside licensing rep firms.
- Collaborate with our legal team on contracts and deal structure.
- 10+ years in licensing.
- Experience in both media & brand licensing.
- Incredibly organized with the ability to track multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent communicator.
- Ability to create impactful presentations.
- Skilled at interpreting business needs and making decisions based on changing priorities.
- Experience in digital media or technology highly preferred