Barstool Sports is a driving force in comedy, sports, entertainment and men’s culture. Created in 2004, Barstool has generated a massive following of loyal fans across its blog, podcasts, radio shows, video series, events and appearances. Known for its original takes and an unfiltered view of most everything, Barstool Sports is the controversial brand that people either love or love to hate.
Barstool Sports is on its way to becoming an omni-channel media juggernaut and we need you to help shape our future. We are looking for a versatile data engineer to optimize the data warehouse infrastructure, increase the types and ways unstructured data is captured and visualized to provide insights for the business to make data-driven decisions on how to best engage users.
You will work on a small cross-functional team to grow the data warehouse to streamline what content, products, and features are developed based on what Barstool users want! You always strive to understand and advocate for our fans. You are enthusiastic about reaching truth through data and testing. You are a resourceful and creative problem solving partner.
- Consume APIs from a multitude of sources to generate content for our platform
- Perform analysis on captured data to communicate actionable insights to our team
- Build automated reports for various content platforms
- Execute on new feature and data functionalities needed to create business insights
- Well rounded experience with database design and development; we use both RDBM and AWS EC2/Redshift for storage
- Strong data visualization sensibility
- Experience using tools like Looker or Tableau
- Experience working with ETL and comfort with transforming data and normalizing it
- Strong Python knowledge
- Experience wearing many hats and working for a scrappy startup
- Comfortable with autonomy
- Excellent communication skills
- Thrive under pressure
- Humble and enjoys building things