Are you outgoing, adventuresome and consider yourself a people person? Do you enjoy making guests smile and going out of your way to make them happy?
A 2016 Hilton Lighthouse Award winning property, we are the only seasonal Hampton hotel in the Hilton brand portfolio, open each year from May through November. The Hampton Bar Harbor is a new hotel with panoramic ocean and mountain views overlooking Acadia National Park and the Atlantic Ocean.
The Hampton by Hilton Bar Harbor is seeking an engaging, friendly and detail oriented Hotel Assistant General Manager (AGM). This individual will be directly responsible for the Front Desk and assist the General Manager in leading the entire hotel team.
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for managing all guest service operations while supporting the General Manager in providing overall leadership in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and operational efficiency across all departments.
The AGM will assist in hiring team members, managing performance, communicating feedback, administering discipline and training the team in the successful execution of their jobs. This includes the assessment of staff and property by “walking” the site and managing the team on a continual basis throughout the day.
The Assistant General Manager provides impeccable guest service and is a role model for delivering exceptional guest experiences.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Exceptional Customer Service both to our guests and team members.
Business & Financial Skill with the highest standard of care in managing guest transactions, financial reporting, cash management, account reconciliation, and confidential data.
Coach & Trainer leading team members to success and helping deliver memorable guest experiences throughout the hotel.
Premium Brand Experience with a proven track record in management and leadership of teams.
Learn more about Hampton Bar Harbor, our company and employment opportunities at work.barharborhampton.com
• Ensure compliance with brand standard operating procedures and all company policies.
• Plan, organize, facilitate and participate in team member and department manager meetings.
• Develop and implement plans that improve guest and team member satisfaction.
• Monitor and develop team member performance, providing supervision and training development, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and rewards.
• Oversee service quality, operational efficiency, guest satisfaction, standards compliance and service and financial measurement
• Assist in identifying operational performance, productivity, and efficiency gaps and implementing measures to correct those deficiencies
• Serve and act as General Manager in his or her absence.
• Ensure customer service, technical skill, and brand mandated training occurs throughout the property to support successful daily operations.
• Establish a presence with team members on the property and actively solicits team member feedback. Utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews team member engagement results to identify and address team member problems or concerns. Ensure team members are treated fairly and equitably.
• Foster team member commitment to providing exceptional service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and model desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and team members.
• Highly visible and interact with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on the quality of the product, service levels, and overall satisfaction.
• Observe service behaviors of team members and provide feedback to individuals and supervisors. Continuously strive to improve service performance.
• Review comment cards, guest survey results and other data to identify areas of improvement. Review both positive and negative findings with the hotel team and ensure appropriate action is taken when needed.
• Ensure policies are administered fairly and consistently, and that team member performance is evaluated and recognized where appropriate.
FRONT OFFICE RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Interview, hire and initial training for all Front Desk team associates.
• Ongoing training and support for all associates and ensure performance in accordance with hotel brand and company standards.
• Conduct group training in classroom sessions and hands-on training while assisting with Front Desk operations.
• Ongoing review of staff to ensure adherence to established policies and procedures.
• Respond to inquiries concerning hotel policies and service.
• Enforce all cash handling and credit card policies, verify banks and deposits at the end of each shift.
• Review daily front office work and reports generated by Night Audit.
• Perform technical and administrative duties, including, but not limited to; Profit and Loss Statements, Rewards Reimbursement, Accounts Receivable, Credit Account Reconciliation and Payroll.Learn more about Hampton Bar Harbor, our company and employment opportunities at work.barharborhampton.com