We're looking for an experienced full-stack engineer, comfortable with various technologies and open to learning new ones on the fly. You'll be working closely with our engineers, alongside our client teams. Our projects are highly collaborative, and your expertise will be deeply valued.
You are an experienced engineer with a wide range of skills. You delight in architecting, implementing, and delivering innovative applications that help businesses grow and delight their customers. You are collaborative, and enjoy working with teams and clients to make sure that the right thing gets built at the right time.
This is an exciting time for Barefoot Coders. We’re helping world-class companies of all sizes solve problems with exciting technologies. This opportunity starts as a contracted position, with possibility of full-time employment if you are open to it.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Deliver high-quality, polished, and reliable applications
- Interpret and coordinate the implementation of customer requirements
- Take ownership of application code, including decisions around which technologies to use
- Interact directly with the client
- Collaborate closely with nontechnical team members (design, product, client, etc.)
- Participate in architectural and code review
- Determine and implement continuous integration and delivery systems as needed
- Actively participate in an agile development process, including contributing to story creation, estimation, daily standups, etc.
WE’D LOVE YOU TO BRING
- Relevant software engineering experience, particularly with any of the following:
- Ruby on Rails
- RDBMS systems (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working on a team
- Flexibility with tools and tech stack (we work with modern technologies, and provide on-the-job training)
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment
A LITTLE ABOUT THE TEAM
Barefoot Coders is a small, remote team of engineers and strategists. We delight in working with our clients to deliver continuous strategic and technical advances, helping them grow and mature in the quickly-changing technical landscape. We work with companies of all sizes to innovate and bring ideas to life. Our team members are trusted to work directly with clients, to make decisions collaboratively and drive successful outcomes.
We are a fully remote team, but if you're in Portland, OR or New York City, you are more than welcome to work out of our office space.
Barefoot Coders is committed to building a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories.