We've partnered with a cloud services provider to migrate a global enterprise into the digital era. We're looking for a collaborative DevOps Engineer, comfortable with Terraform and Google Cloud Platform. You'll be working closely with our Director of DevOps alongside our client team. This is a highly collaborative project where your expertise will be valued deeply. We're looking for someone who is comfortable with periodic client-site visits.
You are an experienced engineer with a wide range of engineering skills. You delight in building reliable, resilient systems that help businesses grow and mature their technical offerings. You are collaborative, and enjoy working with teams and clients to make sure that the right thing gets built at the right time.
This is an exciting time for Barefoot Coders. We’re helping world-class companies of all sizes solve problems with exciting technologies. This opportunity starts as a 6 month, full-time project, with possibility of long-term employment.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Deliver high-quality, polished, and reliable infrastructure
- Interpret and implement customer requirements
- Interact directly with the client
- Collaborate closely with nontechnical team members (design, product, client, etc.)
- Participate in code review
- Determine and implement continuous integration and delivery systems as needed
- Actively participate in an agile development process, including contributing to story creation, estimation, daily standups, etc.
WE’D LOVE YOU TO BRING
- Relevant engineering experience with Google Cloud Platform, Terraform, and Continuous Integration & Deployment pipelines
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working on a team
- Experience with VCS, particularly git
- Comfort with working in a fast-paced environment
A LITTLE ABOUT THE TEAM
Barefoot Coders is a small, remote team of engineers and strategists. We delight in working with our clients to deliver continuous strategic and technical advances, helping them grow and mature in the quickly-changing technical landscape. We work with companies of all sizes to innovate and bring ideas to life. Our team members are trusted to work directly with clients, to make decisions collaboratively and drive successful outcomes.
We are a fully remote team, but if you're in Portland, OR or New York City, you are more than welcome to work out of our office space.
Barefoot Coders is committed to building a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants.