Job Description: BDME Store Sales Associate
Reports To: Store Manager
Status: Full Time Employee
Work Location: Nellis AFB
The Barber DME Store Sales Associate is responsible for performing duties pertaining to day-to-day store operations. The person holding this position must be able to assist customers/patients on routine DME requests. Candidate must possess abilities to ensure profitability, control assets, and communicate company philosophy and objectives to coworkers and the local community.
The position reports to the Store Manager.
BDME Store Sales Associate:
1. Responsibilities include assisting the Store Manager in the following:
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures
- Maintains patient accounts
- Takes appropriate action to ensure that the company complies with applicable laws and regulations
- Conducts physical inventory as required
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of current Tricare and Medicare regulations
- Read and understand all company policies, procedures, and documents
- Promotes sales by demonstrating merchandise and products to customers.
- Helps customers by providing information; answering questions; obtaining merchandise requested; completing payment transactions; preparing merchandise for delivery
- Investigate customer complaints and provide solutions.
- Maintains a safe and clean store environment by following company policies.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Maintains quality service by complying with organization standards
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications
- Light lifting up to 50 pounds may be required occasionally
- Perform other duties as needed
- Associate Degree in Business or related or equivalent experience in HME, Home Health Industry, or Retail
- At least one year experience with a pharmacy or wholesale distributor in a capacity relating to the dispensing and distribution of, and record keeping of prescription drugs – preferred but not required
- Must be a strong communicator, have excellent written, presentation, oral communications and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English (Spanish a plus)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license issued by the State in which you reside
- Durable Medical Equipment experience
- Two years’ retail operations experience