Job Description: BDME Assistant Store Manager
Reports To: Store Manager
Status: Full Time Employee
Work Location: McChord AFB, WA
The Barber DME Store Assistant Manager responsible for assisting the Store Manager in the day-to-day store operations. Candidate must possess abilities to ensure profitability, control assets, and communicate company philosophy and objectives to coworkers and the local community.
The position reports to the Store Manager.
BDME Store Assistant Manager:
1. Responsibilities include assisting the Store Manager in the following:
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures
- Calls on key medical referral sources and maintains patient accounts
- Takes appropriate action to ensure that the company complies with applicable laws and regulations
- Ensures that Certificates of Medical Necessity (CMN) and other documentation required for reimbursement are secured in a timely manner
- Conducts physical inventory as required
- Monitors and controls the company assets at both the company location and in patient’s homes
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of current Tricare and Medicare regulations
- Maintain file containing all relevant company policies and documents
- Promotes sales by demonstrating merchandise and products to customers.
- Helps customers by providing information; answering questions; obtaining merchandise requested; completing payment transactions; preparing merchandise for delivery
- Review sales data, identify, and correct deficiencies
- Investigate customer complaints and provide solutions.
- Maintains a safe and clean store environment by following company policies.
- Maintains inventory by checking merchandise to determine inventory levels; anticipate customer demands
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Maintains quality service by complying with organization standards
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications
- Light lifting up to 50 pounds may be required occasionally
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related or equivalent experience in HME, Home Health Industry, or Retail
- At least one year experience with a pharmacy or wholesale distributor in a capacity relating to the dispensing and distribution of, and record keeping of prescription drugs – preferred but not required
- Must be a strong communicator, have excellent written, presentation, oral communications and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to think creatively and strategically, have excellent judgment and can work in a changing environment
- Fluency in English (Spanish a plus)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license issued by the State in which you reside
- Durable Medical Equipment experience
- 1-3 years’ retail operations experience