At Bamboo Sushi, Hosts are assigned a specific function each shift with the overall focus on creating an exceptional experience for our guests.
1. Stationary: focus on strategizing seating for shift, greeting guests upon arrival, working with reservation system, communicating accurate wait times to guests, and directing satellite host on where to seat guests
2. Satellite: focus on assessing pace of tables seated to estimate accurate wait times, communicating status of tables to stationary host, taking guests to table at direction of stationary host
3. To Go: focus on taking all to go orders (by phone or walk-in), answering all questions about menu items, confirming preparation time with BOH team, entering orders into POS, packaging food item, presenting checks and processing payments
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Adhere to Bamboo Sushi’s policies and procedures including dress, style, grooming guidelines.
- Maintain friendly, helpful, and positive attitude while at work.
- Assist other hosts and team members as needed.
- Review all reservations prior to shift start and strategize seating options in reservation system.
- Present reservations, including any special notes, to entire team at pre-shift meeting.
- Greet all guests with a smile upon arrival to Bamboo Sushi and maintain a calm and welcoming presence throughout shift.
- Provide accurate wait time, based on communication with satellite host, and take note of guest name, party size, phone number, and any special requests in reservation system.
- Maintain up-to-date statuses in reservation systems throughout shift.
- Review seating strategy with stationary host prior to shift start.
- Consistently assess status of tables, communicating with servers as needed, and providing updates to stationary host.
- Welcome guests into our dining room, bringing menus and seating at the direction of stationary host.
- Receive all phone calls to take to-go or pick-up orders, answering any questions regarding menu items.
- Communicate with BOH team as needed to determine wait times for pick-up or delivery.
- Package all to-go orders in bags, including necessary roll-ups or any other items requested.
- Enter orders and process payments in POS.
- Previous related experience working in a high-volume and/or guest-facing environment.
- OLCC card
- Ability to see, hear, read, and write.
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal direction.
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests, team members, and leadership.
- Ability to manage workflow, resolve questions and issues, and be flexible in approach when needed.
- Ability to calmly interact and respond to the needs and requests of guests and approach from a place of “yes” and a solution-oriented perspective.
- Working knowledge and/or exposure to dining room and service standards, procedures, and functions.
- Ability to work with full mobility in a fast-paced environment during entire shift.
- Comfort and proficiency with reservation software and POS.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, as needed.