At Bamboo Sushi, the Bartender prepares all beverages and interacts with bar guests in a timely and friendly manner. Bartenders are also ambassadors to Bamboo Sushi’s mission of sustainability and are storytellers that inform and educate guests on our ethos, when appropriate, while making suggestions for beverage selections and wine/sake pairings to create an exceptional dining experience for our guests.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Adhere to Bamboo Sushi’s policies and procedures including dress, style, grooming guidelines.
- Maintain friendly, helpful, and positive attitude while at work.
- Ready and willing to assist fellow team members in meeting needs of guests.
- Receive, verify, and stock beverage deliveries as needed.
- Present essential bar/beverage information and updates to team members at pre-shift meeting.
- Follow Bamboo Sushi’s Steps of Service consistently throughout shift from the first to the last guest.
- Answer questions and make recommendations about food, beverage, and sustainability practices.
- Take food and beverage orders from bar guests, repeating order for guest confirmation, taking into account any potential allergens, and entering order into POS per established guidelines.
- Follow alcohol awareness guidelines to prevent guest intoxication, notifying restaurant leadership of any questions or concerns.
- Prepare cocktails and other bar beverages consistently according to Bamboo Sushi recipes.
- Monitor and observe guests to ensure they are satisfied with service and all needs are met.
- Prepare final bill, present check to bar guests, and accept payment following established cash handling guidelines.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Responsible for closing out each shift by reconciling and turning in required amount of cash and charge vouchers to restaurant leadership.
- Complete all side work at start, throughout, and at end of shift.
- Keep bar and service stations clean and tidy throughout shift, following health and safety guidelines.
- Treat all guests, team members, and leadership with the greatest degree of respect and courtesy.
- Keep restaurant leadership on duty promptly and fully informed of all guest issues, taking quick corrective action as appropriate, when needed.
- Attend all company meetings and training sessions, as required.
- Previous related experience working in a high-volume and/or guest-facing environment making cocktails.
- OLCC card
- Ability to see, hear, read, and write.
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal direction.
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests, team members, and leadership.
- Ability to manage workflow, resolve questions and issues, and be flexible in approach when needed.
- Ability to calmly interact and respond to the needs and requests of guests and approach from a place of “yes” and a solution-oriented perspective.
- Working knowledge and/or exposure to dining room and service standards, procedures, and functions.
- Ability to work with full mobility in a fast-paced environment during entire shift.
- Comfort and proficiency with technology such as POS.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, as needed.