At Bamboo Sushi, the Expo works collaboratively and cooperatively with other team members to create an exceptional experience for our guests with a focus on organizing orders as they come in and are ready, tracking ticket times and communicating with BOH and FOH as needed.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Adhere to Bamboo Sushi’s policies and procedures including dress, grooming, and attendance guidelines.
- Maintain friendly, helpful, and positive attitude while at work, assisting other team members as needed.
- Know and follow all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures.
- Attends all company meetings and training sessions, as needed.
- Treat all guests, team members, and restaurant leadership with greatest degree of respect and courtesy.
- Know all menu items and descriptions to ensure ability to provide information if guest-facing.
- Keep restaurant leadership promptly informed of guest service issues, taking action as appropriate.
- Serve as liaison between BOH and FOH, organizing tickets and ensuring standard ticket times are met.
- Receive orders from POS printer and delegate to BOH team for production based on table coursing.
- Verify consistent and accurate plating of all orders, taking note of any special guest requests and communicating with BOH team if any changes need to be made.
- Keep expo pass clean, clear, and organized throughout shift.
- Previous related experience working in a high-volume restaurant environment.
- Food Handler’s Certificate if applicable.
- Alcohol Certification if applicable.
- Ability to see, hear, read, and write.
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal direction.
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests, team members, and leadership.
- Ability to manage work flow, resolve questions and issues, and be flexible in approach when needed.
- Working knowledge and/or exposure to dining room and service standards, procedures, and functions.
- Ability to work with full mobility in a fast-paced environment during entire shift.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, as needed.