We at Bamboo Sushi are looking for an experienced Maitre d' to join our team! Do you want to work for a mission-driven company, and the world's first certified sustainable sushi restaurant?
Driven by a deep commitment to environmental and social change, we set out to make an impact in this world. Setting a new standard for restaurants, we combine the values and guidelines of multiple, international organizations to ensure every plate we serve reflects our sincere dedication to sustainability. As we grow our footprint of restaurants, we seek to inspire change…change in the way people eat, the way restaurants do business and the way we treat our environment.
What’s in it for you:
10 Holidays off a year
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Paid time off
Opportunities for advancement
Full and part-time opportunities
What we’re looking for: Someone with a friendly, enthusiastic attitude. Someone that loves to help and serve others (both customers and team members).
- Previous related experience working in a high-volume and/or guest-facing environment.
- make reservations for the guest that call in advance
- greet all the guests and seat them according to their preference
- ensure that guests have a good time at the restaurant and look immediately into any complainants they might have
- ensure that the restaurant is clean and set before opening
- coordinate between all the staff of the restaurant and ensure that everything is in working order
- enquire from the guests whether they enjoyed the food and the service
- Advertise good service of the restaurant
- Ability to see, hear, read, and write.
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal direction.
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests, team members, and leadership.
- Ability to manage workflow, resolve questions and issues, and be flexible in approach when needed.
- Ability to calmly interact and respond to the needs and requests of guests and approach from a place of “yes” and a solution-oriented perspective.
- Working knowledge and/or exposure to the dining room and service standards, procedures, and functions.
- Ability to work with full mobility in a fast-paced environment during the entire shift.
- Comfort and proficiency with technology, such as POS.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, as needed.