Bamboo Sushi is opening its first location in California! Join our Opening Team at Bishop Ranch in San Ramon.
A Restaurant Leader (RL) is responsible for providing the leadership role to the Leaders and Team Members in the restaurant. They uphold the standards for food and beverage quality, Team Member engagement, financial achievement, Standard Operating Procedures and the Guest experience. The Restaurant Leader must uphold all company policies, procedures and standards through their team of Managers and Team Members. They will formulate plans to meet budgets, new initiatives and the development of their Team; as well as maintain existing standards.
Key Performance Elements/Essential Functions
- Thorough understanding of all Dining Room and Kitchen systems and operations; must demonstrate the ability to run effective shifts in all aspects of the restaurant;
- Provides direction, coaching and leadership for all Leaders and team members;.
- Communicates effectively with the Leadership Team;
- Assigns areas of responsibility for each Leader, communicating expectations and following up on a regular basis during one on one conversations;
- Responsible for establishing and appropriately communicating goals to the Director of Operations on a regular basis. This includes: daily accountability of restaurant sales, actions taken on projects, progress on company initiatives, situations discussed in Leader meetings, Guest comments, restaurant staffing and labor, Leader and Leader in Development performance and financial results;
- Writes the Leader Schedule two weeks prior to the beginning of the Period;
- Ensures Team Member and Leader schedules support the positive performance of the restaurant by verifying the right people in place and par levels are scheduled according to forecasts;
- Uses Developmental Action Plans and coaching to develop those under him/her to become better Leaders and Team Members;
- Schedules time for one on one meetings with Leaders to review progress and give direction and feedback;
- Ensures service standards and food /beverage standards are maintained consistently;
- Ensures all Leaders and Team Members have the supplies to do their job;
- Reports the state of the business during Business Reviews each Period with the Director of Operations and completes the Quarterly Plan and follows up on progress throughout the Quarter;
- Plans forecasts and ensures Team Member scheduling meets the forecast. Follows up on results and corrects course if necessary;
- Plans, executes and follows up with new company initiatives, including food/beverage specials and menu additions;
- Effectively utilizes all communication tools: email, written correspondence and pre-shift meeting notes;
- Utilizes community involvement to build sales;
- Verifies all daily administration is carried out according to policy and standards;
- Accountable for selection of Trainers who meet the standards and are motivated to train New Team Members;
- Ensures the facility meets all Health Code and Bamboo/QuickFish standards through regular maintenance of the building, outside areas and equipment;
- Maintains the facility and all outside areas;
- Holds Leader Meetings twice a Period with an agenda and time allotted for discussion;
- Maintains awareness of Yelp Review results and leads the Leadership Team to action to consistently improve results;
- Plans and leads All-Team Member meetings;
- Ensures dress code standards are 100% for all Leaders and Team Members;
- Communicates effectively with vendors, addressing concerns as needed;
- Ensures Leadership Team and Hourly Team Member Performance Management Cycle is being followed;
- Verifies the Team Member training program and its effectiveness. Conducts New Team Member Orientations;
- Provides a safe working environment for Leaders and Team Members;
- Seeks Team Member feedback from the Employee Engagement results. Acts on the information given by Team Members to provide a great work environment;
- Interviews and assists in the final selection of all Team Members, maintaining appropriate staffing par levels;
- Determines appropriate pay-increase percentages for Team Members; and
- Implements planning that results in improved financial (sales and cost centers) performance in all areas of the operation. Follows up on all financial action plans.
- High school diploma, or general equivalency diploma (GED) a plus, or an equivalent combination of education and experience; some college preferred
- Culinary school or previous culinary management experience a plus.
- Exceptional leadership and motivational skills required – must be able to attract, train and retain the very best Managers and Team Members in the industry.
- Exceptionally strong Guest focus mentality, with the ability to provide an exceptional dining experience for each Guest.
- Exercise integrity in all areas of the restaurant operation.
- Ability to define, measure and attain stretch financial goals for the restaurant – with a focus on building year over year sales while balancing cost of sales, inventory and labor.