At Bamboo Sushi, the Butcher / Sushi Prep for the Commissary is responsible for the breakdown of proteins and the consistent preparation, storage and packing of all sushi and protein fabrication items in accordance with Bamboo Sushi recipes and food sanitation guidelines. This individual is required to complete all prep work requested on the Prep Checklist each shift. Typically, the position is an early morning shift (6am – 2pm) though specific hours may vary.
Essential Functions Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Adhere to Bamboo Sushi’s policies and procedures including uniform, grooming, and attendance.
- Adhere to company, state, and county food safety and sanitation standards.
- Clean and sanitize work area before, during, and after shift.
- Maintain clean and organized workstation, practicing safe and sanitary food handling at all times.
- Prepare food consistently based on training, SOP and quality standards and recipes.
- Clearly label (including date) and store all containers of food accurately and consistently in accordance with kitchen and food safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Proper storage and rotation of product to ensure quality and freshness of all product.
- Receive, confirm, and appropriately label and store deliveries made while on shift.
- Maintain friendly, helpful, and positive attitude while at work.
- Complete all assigned prep work in reference to ordering and prep lists.
- Food Handler’s Certificate
- Previous related experience working in a scratch kitchen (at least one year minimum preferred)
- Previous experience fabricating fish and meat required (at least on year minimum)
- Sushi prep experience preferred
- Ability to see, hear, read, and write.
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal direction.
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to team members, and leadership.
- Ability to manage and organize work flow and resolve questions and issues with team and leadership.
- Capable of using knives, industrial kitchen and food preparation equipment.
- Ability to work in a high-volume atmosphere kitchen environment with exposure to wet floors, noise, and temperature extremes.
- Ability to place plates, utensils, pans, and cases on high and low shelves.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Sit, Stand, Walk, Bend, Squat, Kneel, Push/Pull, Overhead Reaching
- Lift/Carry weight of up to 50-60 pounds