The Team Member’s role is to provide friendly, outgoing, and timely interaction with Guests by welcoming and greeting them, taking their order, preparing their order, while delivering excellent customer service. The Counterperson will also follow-up to ensure each Guest’s needs are satisfied in a friendly manner, encouraging guests to return. The role also includes prep work, including sauces, vegetables, and breakdown of proteins. General operational duties can include open and/or closing tasks, cleaning, putting orders/deliveries away.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Guest Interaction and Service
- Welcome and greet Guests following established service guidelines.
- Assist fellow Team Members in meeting Guest needs.
- Take food and beverage orders from Guests, repeating order for Guest confirmation and accurately communicating to Team Members for production.
- Have thorough knowledge of menu items to answer questions and make recommendations about food, beverages, features, and other restaurant functions and services.
- Understand and accurately execute correct process in serving Guests with allergens.
- Correctly enter the order in point-of-sale system following established ringing guidelines, present total to Guest, accept payment (including coupons and gift cards), process credit card charges, and ensure payment is completed.
- Follow alcohol awareness procedures to prevent Guest intoxication, notifying Leader On-Duty with any questions surrounding alcohol service to Guests.
- Monitor and observe the Guests’ dining experience, ensuring Guests are satisfied with their food, beverage, and service and responding promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Keep immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all Guest service issues, taking prompt corrective action as appropriate.
- Thank Guests for their visit and invite them to return.
Restaurant and Kitchen Set-Up and Maintenance
- Participate in clearing and cleaning of tables and restaurant.
- Maintain a clean and organized workstation, sanitizing work area before, during, and after shift.
- Prepare menu items according to recipes and specifications, maintaining product quality and cook time standards.
- Complete all assigned prep work and utilize recipes every time a food item is being prepped.
- Complete side work and cleaning duties at the start, throughout, and end of each shift as required.
- Maintain friendly, helpful, and positive attitude, assisting other Team Members in tasks when necessary.
Policy and Procedure
- Know and follow QuickFish's operating policies and connections of service.
- Know and follow posted schedule, adhering to posted time and attendance policies.
- Adhere to company uniform and grooming policies.
- Adhere to company, state, and county sanitation standards
- Treat all Guests, Team Members, and Managers with respect and dignity.
- Attend all company meetings, training seminars as required.
- Perform related tasks as assigned by Restaurant Leadership.
- 6 mos. to 2 years related experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Alcohol Certification as required.
- Food Handler’s Certificate as required.