Bambee is an early-stage, venture-backed startup creating a new way to provide best-in-class Human Resources to small businesses all over the U.S. Bambee likes to hire self-starters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you must have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems should excite you. Data should guide you. Results should inspire you. You use analytical thought to make programmatic decisions and logic-based choices, ultimately delivering value for Bambee’s customers and Bambee as a business overall.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team that will accomplish this is a team full of drivers. What are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
The Lead Engineer will manage a squad of engineers in developing software solutions for business initiatives. Design large, long-term features across system infrastructure. Identify software, technical, and infrastructure roadblocks that will impact the company in the future, then design, propose, plan, and implement solutions to address them. Think outside of the box, fail fast, and adapt quickly in a startup environment.
- Create technical specifications against which the engineering team will execute
- Work with cross-functional team members to produce technical solutions from business requirements
- Lead and mentor engineers in a squad
- Develop and maintain quality code coverage
- Ensure high quality of services and features, and be proactive about preparing for and identifying problems by implementing logging, reporting, and alarms
- Plan and release new services and schemas: ensure deployments are handled gracefully through proper data schema management and migrations
- Enforce security practices to ensure customer data integrity
- 8+ years working with both back-end and front-end technologies
- 3+ years working with cloud-hosted infrastructure
- 3+ years working with Node.js/CommonJS specifically
- 2+ years working with MongoDB
- 2+ years leading a team of engineers in either a mentorship or management role
- Strong skills with relational and non-relational databases
- Able to ensure application data security and design with security in mind. Understanding of PCI or HIPAA compliance a plus.
- Able to ensure code quality through the deployment of patterns, and system quality through the execution of automation
- Strong Vue.js skills required; familiarity with React and Angular a plus
- Experience with RESTful API design required; experience with OAS/Swagger, GraphQL, and HATEOAS a plus
- Experience with AWS required
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs and systems
- Soft-skills required to interact with a dynamic and diverse team in an open-floor environment
What’s in It for You
You will help lead our initiatives to serve our client base, identifying and creating ways to make maximum impact for small and medium-sized businesses all across the country. This is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing startup - you will be a contributor right from the start, whose insights and experiences will have an immediate, meaningful impact on our business. Bambee is a company where your ideas will be valued, challenged, respected and you will be able to create your vision. Join our team.
- Unlimited time off policy
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Monthly gym reimbursement
- Health equipment reimbursement to promote a healthy lifestyle
- Personal travel reimbursement to promote new life and travel experiences
- Reimbursement to encourage participation in arts and cultural events
- Office in one of the most iconic buildings in Downtown Los Angeles
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.