Bambee is an early-stage, venture-backed startup creating a new way to provide best-in-class Human Resources to small businesses all over the U.S. Bambee likes to hire self-starters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you must have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems should excite you. Data should guide you. Results should inspire you. You use analytical thought to make programmatic decisions and logic-based choices, ultimately delivering value for Bambee’s customers and Bambee as a business overall.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team that will accomplish this is a team full of drivers. What are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
As Sr. Front End Engineer, you will lead and mentor our front end engineers to build products and features that will impact the way businesses handle onboarding and offboarding employees, implementing HR policies, communicating with their Bambee HR manager, and more. You will work closely with product managers, designers, and engineers to deliver elegant and efficient user experiences in multiple web applications for both internal and external users. You will be an advocate for Bambee in both the Los Angeles and wider Vue.js community.
- Represent a squad and be a go-to person for front-end technical expertise.
- Actively partner with product, design, and peer engineering leads and managers
- Regularly give actionable feedback to team members, peers, and mentees
- Drive feature development end-to-end and deliver large projects on a regularly basis
- Drive POC activities and initiation of new frameworks or services while taking a hands-on role in the execution
- Have indirect influence beyond functional boundaries, such as with product on technical feasibility and roadmap, or with test engineering on tooling and execution needs
- Align co-related systems across squads on common API patterns, practices, or other instrumentation
- Motivate engineers on the squad to join or focus on a set of initiatives
- Contribute to a positive work environment where teammates can freely and openly discuss their ideas
- Attend and present at Vue.js meetups in Los Angeles
- Be excited to come to work every day and hustle hard toward changing/creating a new industry. People who want to hustle should apply.
Required Qualifications & Attributes
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering building highly scalable and integrated web applications
- Has deep experience with and a love for Vue.js and the Vue.js community
- Demonstrated experience with component driven development using Vue.js
- Deep understanding of CSS best practices and experience with browser compatibility
- Experience in implementing automated front-end testing using Jest and Cypress.io
- Proactive mindset - we are looking for candidates who can architect applications
- Strong aptitude for delivering highly optimized and high performance front end code
- Believes no code is complete without documentation
- Ability to mentor team members and enforce coding standards across the engineering organization
- Lives in or is willing to move to Los Angeles, CA
Preferred Qualifications & Attributes
- Actively contributes to opensource projects. Vue.js projects a plus.
- Familiarity with design techniques such as user journey maps, information architecture, interaction models, user research, and wireframes
- A deep appreciation and eye for design
- Ability to establish credibility with team members quickly
- Understanding of how motion design influences UI and interaction design
What’s in It for You
You will help drive our initiatives to serve our client base, making a large impact for small and medium-sized businesses all across the country. This is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing startup - you will be a contributor right from the start, whose insights and experiences will have an immediate, meaningful impact on our business. Bambee is a company where your ideas will be valued, challenged, respected and you will be able to create your vision. Join our team.
- Unlimited time off policy
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Monthly gym reimbursement
- Health equipment reimbursement to promote a healthy lifestyle
- Personal travel reimbursement to promote new life and travel experiences
- Reimbursement to encourage participation in arts and cultural events
- Office in one of the most iconic buildings in Downtown Los Angeles
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.