Bambee is an early-stage, venture-backed startup creating a new way to provide best-in-class Human Resources to small businesses all over the U.S. Bambee likes to hire go-getters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you must have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems should excite you. Data should guide you. Only results should satisfy you. You use analytic thought to make programmatic decisions and logic-based choices, ultimately delivering value for Bambee’s customers and Bambee as a business overall.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team that will accomplish this is a team full of drivers, believers, part-time comedians, and go-getters. Which are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
The Director, Human Resources position is a unique leadership opportunity to utilize your extensive HR expertise, while playing an integral role in building a company that centers around HR Excellence. As a Director of HR within the Shares Services team at Bambee, you will be responsible for building out a two-pronged approach to HR Account Management: the internal processes that allow our HR Managers to provide outstanding service to our small business customers, such as creating policies, knowledge tools, and handbooks, and the external facing interactions with clients addressing specialized areas of expertise (LOA, Benefits, etc.) and escalated HR issues (ER, FLSA, etc.). This position will work diligently to ensure we are building the proper HR protocol for reducing risk for our client’s businesses, while contributing a tremendous amount of education and HR best practices to our HR team.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role.
- Creates and maintains template policies and procedures up to date and known by staff.
- Ensures continuity and successful delivery of human resources guidance to our clients.
- Works with the Company’s L&D group to develop and deliver internal HR Accounts training.
- Trains and mentors a team of HR Account Managers in all areas of HR including but not limited to: Employee Relations, FLSA, Separations, Performance Management, LOA, ADA, writing policies and handbooks, and more.
- Provides overall prioritization of work assignments and management of functional team resources and their activities.
- Provides guidance and supports HR Accounts team with handling client employee relations matters.
- Facilitates internal meetings, trainings, etc. for the purpose of identifying issues, developing recommendations, supporting other staff and educating all employees on important topics.
- Works with the Company’s L&D group to develop and deliver external training to clients/client’s employees on topics such as Sexual Harassment Prevention, Interviewing, and Performance Reviews.
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for LOA in a multi-state environment. Has a high level of understanding of various federal and state leave law interactions.
- Prepares letters, completes federal/state documents to be sent to employees, speaks with clients to explain complex nature of LOA interactions.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation changes.
- Maintains oversight for client’s compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Oversees the team responsible for client handbook creation.
- Performs Quality Audits and Quality Control checks.
- Ensures deliverables are compliant with legal requirements and government regulations including DOL, EEOC, OSHA, and ADA.
- Participates in the preparation of staff development plans for each functional associate. Assesses the skill and skill levels necessary to achieve work objectives.
- Consults with Legal department as appropriate.
- Assists clients with all questions regarding personalized documents.
- Participates as needed in special department projects.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- You are ambitious, need little direction, love challenges, fast paced work environments, and solving big problems.
- You enjoy start-up environments where you directly contribute to and set strategy at a company.
- You have an extremely high standard for inter-personal skills, personal representations (at the end, you are the extension of our brand), confidentiality, execution and delivery.
- You get excited about disruptive technology companies that love to flip the status-quo upside down
- 12+ years progressive Human Resources experience and 5+ years in a leadership position
- Multi-state experience - as close to 50 as possible
- Extensive experience handling employee relations issues
- Experience administering LOAs and ADA requests from start to finish
- An “encyclopedic” knowledge of HR policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to provide guidance and assistance to all levels of employees
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in fast-paced environments, including managing multiple projects, meeting concurrent deadlines, managing time and priorities.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational development, employee relations, diversity, and federal and state respective employment laws
- Startup experience is a plus
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and willing to invest extra time and effort to meet a deadline
- Maintains a high degree of personal integrity and consistently protects confidential information
- Exceptional active listening skills and is approachable
- Maintains an effective perspective and proper balance of empathy, discernment, judgement and straight talk
What’s In It For You
This is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing startup - you will be a contributor right from the start, whose contributions, experiences, and insights will have an immediate, meaningful impact on our business. Bambee is a company where you will be valued, challenged, and respected, and you will be a meaningful contributor to what we are building. Join our team.
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Monthly gym reimbursement
- Health equipment reimbursement to promote a healthy lifestyle
- Personal travel reimbursement to promote new life and travel experiences
- Arts & cultural experience reimbursement to encourage participation in arts & cultural events
- Office in one of the most iconic buildings in Downtown Los Angeles
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.