Sr. Analytics Engineering Manager
We’re looking for an inventive, scale-minded, full-stack data expert who is unconventionally curious, maintains a healthy degree of skepticism, and is rigorous in their attention to detail. In this role, you will establish the foundation for data-driven decision making while exploring additional growth channels.
Why you should join our team
You will be a contributor from day one. Your insights and experiences will have an immediate, meaningful impact on our business and the daily lives of small business owners. Bambee is a company where your ideas will be valued, challenged, respected, and implemented based on merit.
- You will be supported and enabled: Reporting to the former Head of Data at a prominent BI company will provide you with technical guidance, while being the first analytics hire will enable you to establish your own processes.
- Your days will have a balance of code and humans: We are still establishing our warehousing competency and refining our KPIs. This means that you will have the opportunity to balance your days between writing code and collaborating with top executives on business strategy.
- You will be heard, provided feedback, and encouraged to grow: At Bambee we believe that at the core of any disagreement is a nugget of value. We encourage fruitful deliberations to facilitate learning.
- You will be full-stack: From developing data models in DBT and assisting in creating FP&A spreadsheets, to delivering recommendations to senior leadership, there will be no limits to your purview.
- You will have full exposure to all parts of the business: The data team has built LTV forecasts and churn projections for the finance team, feature affinity curves for the product team, is actively assisting in CRM design, and will be reporting on customer experience/satisfaction by EOY. You will partner with and be exposed to every team: an unparalleled opportunity to learn about all the nuts and bolts of a scaling startup.
Bambee cares deeply about employee well-being and is proud to offer the following benefits and perks:
- Unlimited vacation
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Monthly gym contribution
- Health equipment reimbursement
- $500 personal travel stipend to promote new life and travel experiences
- Sponsorship for participation in arts and cultural events
- Weekly summer movie nights
- Dog-friendly office
- Commuter benefits
- Fully stocked kitchen (kombucha and cold brew on tap!)
- Annual staff retreat
- Frequent company dinners and happy hours
- Professional development
What you’ve accomplished so far:
Warehousing and Data Enablement
- You are intimately familiar with batch processing pipelines for establishing warehouse models and have dabbled in stream analytics with the help of tools like DBT, Matillion, or TalenD for data prep and processing.
- You are a proponent of efficient, legible, and commented code, which you treat as a business investment, rather than a means to an end.
- Your data adventures have taken you through charge/invoice, subscription, CRM, usage, clickstream, pricing, marketing schema, and more. Your endless curiosity has identified patterns in these models and allows you to construct repeatable data transformations that make the raw data insight-ready.
- You are adept at visual storytelling with data and know when to load up the data density and when to show a single number.
Cross-Functional Leadership and Operations
- Mastery of verbal, written, and visual communication skills has led to your work being put in front of the executives at your company, influencing them with your analytical insights.
- Your structured, analytical approach to problem solving and knack for project management help you scope, communicate, execute on, and deliver projects that others shy away from. You have integrated a billing system, migrated from invoice-linked refunds to charge-based ones, or even evaluated marketing performance based on manually entered UTM parameters.
Analytical Rigor and Technical Aptitude
- You have designed, documented, and evaluated A/B tests to deliver product, sales, and marketing insights.
How you'll ramp:
Within your first week
You’ll learn the business from key business stakeholders, including Sales, Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Accounts. You will build and push your first data model.
By Day 30
You will answer ad-hoc, business guiding questions by querying our raw data while establishing robust data models for follow up investigation.
By Day 60
You will start to identify and pursue projects that directly drive revenue. You will be writing ETL scripts, primarily in SQL, to structure the semi-structured data from our document store. You will implement a single source of truth by updating existing models and generating new data resources from sales activity data, marketing attribution data, and customer interaction logs.
By Day 90
You will make recommendations that directly influence business outcomes. You will identify areas of opportunity, spin up collaborative teams, and report on successes. You will architect schema for KPI reporting and activity tracking. You will guide product engineers to build features with data scale in mind.
Our tech stack:
- Periscope Data
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.