Bambee is an early-stage, venture-backed startup creating a new way to provide best-in-class Human Resources to small businesses all over the U.S. Bambee likes to hire self-starters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you must have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems should excite you. Data should guide you. Results should inspire you. You use analytical thought to make programmatic decisions and logic-based choices, ultimately delivering value for Bambee’s customers and Bambee as a business overall.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team that will accomplish this is a team full of drivers. What are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
Are you looking for a key role where your employment/labor law experience creates significant internal value to our HR team supporting small businesses? Interested in Human Resources? Tired of billable hours? Interested in working in a smart, casual, dynamic work environment? Then this position is for you! Bambee has a unique opportunity for an internal HR Paralegal position, where you’ll be an integral part of our Shared Services Team and can bring your employment/labor law advice in-house.
- Serve as an internal employment/labor law/human resources advisor supporting Bambee’s HR Accounts Team to ensure continuity and successful delivery of HR guidance to our clients
- Provide a full range of advice on HR topics such as wage and hour, employee classification, labor/employee relations, performance management, leave of absences, etc., with an eye toward teaching and mentoring our HR Teams in an effort to support their growth and expand their knowledge base
- Develop and revise HR policies for the internal HR Team as part of the service we provide to our clients, including creating and maintaining templates for the department’s efficiency and continuity
- Ensure HR guidance, policies and services are in compliance with federal/state/local employment/labor laws and regulations, with the ability to accurately back up and support recommendations
- Participate in presenting lunch and learn training sessions related to specific HR topics, including preparation of training materials
- Assist in proactively researching new employment/labor laws and effectively relay your findings to the team; may assist in creating client alerts
- Assist in maintaining HR reports related to specific HR projects for metrics
- Keep abreast with new trends and advancements in the HR field
- Be willing and excited to wear many hats across many teams to contribute to the business in any way possible
- B.A. or equivalent experience required; JD a plus
- 3 years working as a Paralegal in Employment Law
- Must be an expert in federal, state, and municipal labor laws/regulations, with proven working knowledge of discrimination, harassment, wage and hour and compliance, including agency familiarity: EEOC, DFEH, DLSE, DIR, DOL
- Familiarity with writing policy; knowledge of HR terminology and principles a plus
- Strong ability to handle multiple internal clients with numerous and varying needs
- Extremely organized and excellent time management skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations and ability to maintain calm and professional regardless of circumstance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to digest, analyze, and effectively interpret laws and regulations in a manner consistent with internal HR Teams’ needs
- Adaptable to changing priorities; flexibility is key to success in our start-up environment
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot issues and provide solutions
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint; Google docs experience preferred
- You are ambitious, need little direction, and love challenges, fast-paced work environments, and solving big problems
- Enjoy start-up environments where you directly contribute to strategy
- You have an extremely high standard for interpersonal skills, personal representations (at the end, you are an extension of our brand), confidentiality, execution, and delivery
- Get excited about disruptive technology companies who love to flip the status quo upside down
- Culture is important to you and you thrive in very social, collaborative, and forward-thinking environments
What’s In It For You
This is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing startup - you will be a contributor right from the start, whose contributions, experiences, and insights will have an immediate, meaningful impact on our business. Bambee is a company where you will be valued, challenged, and respected, and you will be an important part of what we are building. Join our team.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting. This role is not a remote position; it is an in-office role, Monday-Friday. Applicants must reside or plan to reside in the Los Angeles area.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Why Work Here?
Venture backed, Fast-paced, dynamic tech startup.
Bambee is an affordable on-demand human resource product for small business. Less than 5% of small to medium sized businesses have full time HR or legal departments. This often means they aren't compliant with federal state, state and local law. It also makes human resources related topics like employee terminations, hiring agreements, wage & hour compliance, corrective action, and managing department of labor claims, more stressful than they need to be. Small businesses can't afford an entire human resource department, but now they can.