Bambee is an early-stage, venture-backed startup creating a new way to provide best-in-class Human Resources to small businesses all over the U.S. Bambee likes to hire self-starters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you must have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems should excite you. Data should guide you. Results should inspire you. You use analytical thought to make programmatic decisions and logic-based choices, ultimately delivering value for Bambee’s customers and Bambee as a business overall.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team that will accomplish this is a team full of drivers. What are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
The Senior Manager, HR position is a unique leadership opportunity to utilize your HR expertise while playing an integral role in building a company that specializes in Human Resources. As a Senior Manager, HR, you will be responsible for internal HR at a rapidly growing HR startup, executing a mix of day-to-day and strategic initiatives to drive and maintain compliance and culture within the organization.
This position will work diligently with all teams in the company to ensure that we are not only compliant in all aspects of HR, but doing so in a strategic way to develop and retain company talent.
Essential Corporate Functions
- Work with third party vendors to manage payroll and benefits services offered to employees
- Communicate and ensure compliance with benefit programs (health and life insurance, leave of absence, vacation/holidays, 401K, educational assistance, Employee Assistance Program)
- Maintain employee files, human resource information system records, and compiles reports from the database
- Drive administrative processes including offer letters, onboarding, new hire paperwork, etc.
- Manage employee relations issues and engage with corporate staff, legal and shared services, as needed, for resources, consultation, and subject matter expertise
- Guide and advise leaders in corrective action, development plans, employee terminations, etc.
- Serve as a trusted ally to our internal team – advocating on behalf of our employees and driving policy with our employees in mind
- Participate in the design and implementation of employee incentive programs and policies
- Proactively collaborate with key stakeholders to develop and implement people strategies that support business success and foster employee engagement
- Ensure ongoing assessment, enhancement, and alignment of all HR processes, policies, and practices
- Serve as a strong partner to our Talent Acquisition team - attract, hire, and retain top-quality employees, with an emphasis on high performance, learning, and career development
- Partner with all levels of the organization to evolve, nurture, and cultivate Bambee culture as we grow and expand
- Foster a diverse workplace which enables all employees to be exceptional and maximize their contribution
- Identify areas of strategic and tactical improvements in HR processes and technologies, lead implementation of improvements with the team, and enable cross-department collaboration
- Manage execution of competing priorities; balancing short-term tactical implementation with longer-term strategic goals
- Collaborates with finance team to anticipate and forecast people related investments and expenses; monitors and analyzes trends and variances on an ongoing basis; develops corrective actions as needed
- Coach, mentor, and develop HR team to ensure ongoing high performance
- Be a role model for leadership and management excellence
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- 8+ years as an HR generalist with in-depth knowledge and expertise in multiple HR specialties (e.g. recruiting, compensation, benefits, employee relations, learning and development, diversity and inclusion, employment law, HR systems )
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, or related field; Master's degree a plus
- SPHR/SHRM-SCP certification a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for executive-level discussions and persuasion
- Strategic thinker with ability to implement
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Excellent judgment and ability to build trust at all organizational levels
- Collaborative problem-solver
- Organized and process oriented
- Intrinsic drive to roll-up your sleeves and get things done
- Experience with software industry and/or agile development environment a plus
BambeeHR strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.