Located in the historic Bradbury building, Bambee is a venture-backed startup that is developing and deploying best-in-class Human Resources technology and services, while reimagining the employment experience for the largest segment of the job market - small and medium businesses. Bambee consists of self-starters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems excites you. Data guides you. Results inspire you.
Bambee’s mission to revolutionize employment hasn’t been done since the Labor Movement. The team that will accomplish it is a team full of drivers.
Why You Should Join
This is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing startup. You will be a contributor from day one. Your insights and experiences will have an immediate, meaningful impact on our business. Bambee is a company where your ideas will be valued, challenged, respected, and implemented based on merit.
Bambee cares deeply about employee well being and is proud to offer the following benefits and perks:
- Unlimited vacation
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Monthly gym contribution
- Health equipment reimbursement
- $500 personal travel stipend to promote new life and travel experiences
- Sponsorship for participation in arts and cultural events
- Weekly summer movie nights
- Dog-friendly office
- Commuter benefits
- Fully stocked kitchen (kombucha and cold brew on tap!)
- Annual staff retreat
- Frequent company dinners and happy hours
- Professional development
In this role, you will draw from both your passion for technology and desire to help others to deliver a premier IT support experience. This position will provide white-glove treatment and take pride in everything they do, from network installations to software training. This position will require the patience and perseverance to identify and analyze a problem, determine a root cause, and execute a solution with attention to detail and a sense of urgency.
The Internal IT team handles all corporate and personal technology across the company, including teams such as client services, sales, and software engineering. Our supported technology includes PC and Mac hardware and software, Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Slack, VoIP phones, audio/video equipment, printers, networking equipment, and several cloud-based SaaS solutions such as Intercom, Salesforce, and Jira/Confluence.
- Monitor the health of vital business services, such as our Internet service, internal network, and VoIP solutions, on a continuous basis and address outages rapidly
- Act as the first point of contact for employee issues, troubleshooting and escalating as needed
- Provision hardware for new employees. Knowledge of imaging software is a plus.
- Configure and maintain software and online accounts for new employees
- Set up workstations for new employees, including peripherals and cables
- Lead new employee onboarding training on technology-related topics
- Follow up with employees after resolving an issue to make sure they are satisfied with the results
- Help to document and improve existing processes/procedures
- Maintain an inventory of laptops, monitors, peripherals, cables, adapters, etc.
- Work toward becoming an experienced and knowledgeable Tier 2 technical support professional
Qualifications & Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- 2+ years IT Help Desk experience
- Ability to independently diagnose, research, and resolve Tier 1 technical issues
- Experience working in cloud-first environments, including SaaS products
- Proficient with both Mac and Windows
- Knowledge of VOIP services and hardware, ideally in a customer service or sales setting
- Experience in managing updates and security practices to ensure reliability and security
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Customer-oriented and patient
- Experience setting up video conferencing services and hardware is a plus
- Networking experience across wired and wireless devices is a plus
- A+ Certification is a plus
- Startup experience is a plus
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.