Bambee is an early-stage, venture-backed startup creating a new way to provide best-in-class Human Resources to small businesses all over the U.S. Bambee likes to hire self starters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you must have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems should excite you. Data should guide you. Only results should satisfy you. You use analytic thought to make programmatic decisions and logic-based choices, ultimately delivering value for Bambee’s customers and Bambee as a business overall.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team that will accomplish this is a team full of drivers, believers, part-time comedians, and go-getters. Which are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
*This role is not a remote position. Applicants must reside or plan to reside in the Los Angeles area. It is an in-office role Monday-Friday.
You will be a key member of a dynamic, experienced, collaborative team that is disrupting the HR industry. You will be the HR voice for small and medium-sized businesses all across the country, providing best-in-class HR to companies in multiple states and numerous industries. You will identify, implement, and advise clients on all HR strategies, as well as drive usage, retention, and customer satisfaction. You will own the customer experience for Bambee clients, helping keep their businesses compliant while being a critical member of their team.
Through your relationship with your clients, you will identify areas to help grow the Bambee platform. As a member of the Bambee team, you will provide insights to help grow the company as a whole. This is a truly unique opportunity to utilize your HR knowledge and stellar client service skills to help build HR offerings for small businesses across the country, all while developing professionally and working with a first-class group of other HR professionals.
- Provide guidance and expertise to clients, addressing complex HR issues, including employee relations, corrective action plans, termination procedures, and policy development.
- Assist clients in maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local regulations by evaluating their current processes and making recommendations for updated policies and processes.
- Manage a book of clients in a multitude of different states and industries.
- Respond to inbound ad hoc requests from clients, utilizing HR best practices.
- Manage HR compliance workflow for clients and ensure they are compliant with documents and processes.
- Drive client usage by training clients on platform, monitoring usage reports, and ensuring that clients are engaging with the product.
- Work with assigned clients and establish a trusted advisor relationship to ensure client satisfaction, retention, and employee buy-in.
- Train and educate clients on Bambee’s products and services, including managing employee folders, policy creation and implementation, e-signature features, and how to engage with Bambee.
- Proactively engage with clients on a regular basis to drive value.
- Contribute to the evolution of the team by participating in product and service meetings, along with using your HR knowledge to shape the offerings.
- Efficiently manage to-dos and organize your work using required tools.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of deep HR generalist knowledge with solid foundation in HR disciplines, including employment law compliance and multi-state regulations.
- 3+ years of experience in a professional working environment; start-up experience preferred.
- Proven knowledge of complex HR topics such as employee relations, wage and hour guidelines, and leave of absences.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply HR best practices.
- Multi-state experience preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of and ability to execute Account Management best practices, including, but not limited to, proactive outreach, response time management, overcoming objections, etc.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply excellent client service and consultative practices.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to ensure timely, effective, and efficient delivery of services.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Proven computer skills; Microsoft Suite, Gmail and Google Docs, preferred
This role is not a remote position; it is an in-office role, Monday-Friday. Applicants must reside or plan to reside in the Los Angeles area.
- SHRM-CP/SCP and/or SPHR/PHR Certification.
- College degree preferred.
What’s In It For You
This is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing startup - you will be a contributor right from the start, whose contributions, experiences, and insights will have an immediate, meaningful impact on our business. Bambee is a company where you will be valued, challenged, and respected, and you will be a meaningful contributor to what we are building. Join our team.
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Monthly gym reimbursement
- Health equipment reimbursement to promote a healthy lifestyle
- Personal travel reimbursement to promote new life and travel experiences
- Arts & cultural experience reimbursement to encourage participation in arts & cultural events
- Office in one of the most iconic buildings in Downtown Los Angeles
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.