Located in the historic Bradbury building, Bambee is a venture-backed startup that is developing and deploying best-in-class Human Resources technology and services, while reimagining the employment experience for the largest segment of the job market - small and medium businesses. Bambee consists of self-starters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems excites you. Data guides you. Results inspire you.
Bambee’s mission to revolutionize employment hasn’t been done since the Labor Movement. The team that will accomplish it is a team full of drivers.
Why You Should Join
This is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing startup. You will be a contributor from day one. Your insights and experiences will have an immediate, meaningful impact on our business. Bambee is a company where your ideas will be valued, challenged, respected, and implemented based on merit.
Bambee cares deeply about employee well being and is proud to offer the following benefits and perks:
- Unlimited vacation
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Monthly gym contribution
- Health equipment reimbursement
- $500 personal travel stipend to promote new life and travel experiences
- Sponsorship for participation in arts and cultural events
- Weekly summer movie nights
- Dog-friendly office
- Commuter benefits
- Fully stocked kitchen (kombucha and cold brew on tap!)
- Annual staff retreat
- Frequent company dinners and happy hours
- Professional development
We’re looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst who is a self-starter and can learn quickly, maintain focus, work collaboratively in an Agile environment, and contribute to the improvement of our QA and release processes. You’ll work closely with product managers, developers, and your fellow QA team members in the quest for steadily increasing quality in our external products and internal tools. You will partner with internal stakeholders to understand, reproduce, and prioritize bugs for resolution. And as one of the first members of a rapidly growing QA team, you’ll have an opportunity to shape its direction and culture.
- Write detailed bug tickets, including replication steps and other diagnostic information
- Assist developers with issue troubleshooting, resolution, and validation
- Create and document test cases based on product requirements and execute test plans
- Perform manual testing of web applications and related backend applications and systems
- Partner with internal teams to collect, understand, and prioritize bugs for resolution
- Review and help to vet internal product improvement suggestions
- Work with the Product and Development teams to improve the software development life cycle
Required Qualifications & Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- 2+ years of QA testing experience in desktop and mobile web environments; mobile app a plus
- Experience with software ticketing and bug tracking solutions such as Jira
- Knowledge of Agile software development, QA, and release processes
- Understanding of the architecture used for web applications (web server, client/server communication, databases, proxy, etc.)
- Ability to draw outside the lines, finding areas where the product can be improved
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal)
- Proactive and resolute
Preferred Qualifications & Attributes
- Small-team work experience
- Experience writing, updating, and modifying test scripts/tools
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.