WHO WE ARE
Balbix is the world’s first platform to leverage specialized AI and gamification techniques to help organizations understand their exploding attack surface and manage their cybersecurity posture. Balbix predicts where and how breaches are likely to happen, prescribes prioritized mitigating actions, and enables workflows to address the underlying security issues. We enable CISOs and CIOs to reduce enterprise cyber risk by 95% or more, while making security teams 10 times more efficient.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Balbix is looking for an Software Engineer in New Delhi India for its connector platform development. You will play a key role in choosing the technology stack, architecture, feature set of Balbix’s connector initiative. Balbix consumes information from many different sources with the enterprise, such as Active Directory servers, switches and routers. Balbix is looking to create a catalog of connectors, including to cloud environments such as Azure, GCP and AWS.
As the initial member of the connector team you will collaborate with Balbix’s product management, and technical leads to ensure scalable, rapid, high quality connectors. You will also have the chance to build a team around you to deliver the connector catalog to solve real-world problems plaguing cybersecurity
- Architect, design and contribute to building generic APIs for associated infrastructure to allow the rapid development of connectors to a wide range of systems and components
- Collaborate with solutions architecture team, sensors, data engineering, AI and product management team to understand customer and translate them into scalable product features
- Able to take on very complex problems, learn quickly, iterate, and persevere towards a robust solution
- Product-focused and passionate about building truly usable systems
- Collaborative and comfortable working across teams including sensors, data engineering, AI, front end, product management, and DevOps
- Responsible and like to take ownership of challenging problems
- A good communicator, and facilitate teamwork via good documentation practices
- Comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in designing algorithms for evolving needs
- Intuitive in using the right type of models to address different product needs
- Curious about the world and your profession, constant learner
- BS/MS degree in CS or related discipline
- 4+ years of experience working in cross platform development using a variety of programming languages such as Python, C++ and Java
- Expertise in core platform services, such as authentication, messaging (Kafka or RabbitMQ), microservices, data streaming and ETL that power complex, large scale distributed applications
- Experience in building APIs and consuming data from external APIs in an efficient, and scalable manner to ensure timeliness and accuracy
- Working knowledge with syslog, 3rd party SaaS APIs, end point and network security tools, CMDB, GRC tools, etc.
- Extensive experience with software architecture and API design
- Excellent communications skills
- Motivation and passion for building world class enterprise products
- Experience with working in Scrum workflow
This role represents a unique opportunity to join a hyper-growth company in a key role where you can make a big impact on the trajectory of the company and its products.
Life @ Balbix
Work life at Balbix is very rewarding! We are developing the world's most advanced platform to address what is perhaps the most important (and hardest) technology problem facing mankind today. Our team is collaborative, fast moving and fun-loving, a combination not always seen in cutting-edge B2B startups. Working with clarity of goals in a culture of alignment and bottom-up innovation, Balbix team members see an opportunity for rapid career growth. We encourage experimenting and continuous learning, a can-do attitude, excellence and ownership. We work hard, take great pride in our work, and have loads of fun along the way!
Please reach out if you want a seat on our rocket-ship and are passionate about changing the cybersecurity equation.