Balbix is looking for a hands-on Director of Quality Assurance to join our rapidly growing team. You will lead and manage the Quality Assurance Programs for all Balbix products with a goal of creating the highest quality security product exceeding the customers’ expectations. We are looking for a relentless, QA expert who is able to create and implement a scalable, automated program that will measure and test to discover and eliminate bugs.
The ideal candidate will have implemented automation for a large-scale SaaS enterprise product and possess leadership skills working as part of an Agile team. Experience with modern Agile open source automation frameworks such as Cucumber, Robot Framework or similar is required.
- Define Balbix’s quality goals.
- Analyze the current Balbix solution and design and implement a comprehensive test strategy to meet the company’s quality goals.
- Continually work with Balbix’s customer satisfaction and support organizations to analyze customer reported issues to understand root cause and work with the engineering organization to ensure root cause closure.
- Ensure consistent system testing strategies are implemented across teams and geographical regions.
- Be responsible for measuring product quality and contribute to continual improvement.
- Ensure the performance and scalability requirement meets enterprise quality standards.
- Be the key person to build a world class QA team and mentor and retain his/her teammates.
- Extensive quality experience in a large-scale SaaS application, preferably running in AWS.
- Extensive automation experience with next generation open source Agile test tools such as Cucumber, Robot Framework, JBehave etc.
- Extensive programming experience in Python, Ruby or similar dynamic language
- Background in security is a considerable advantage
- Experience with testing automation of API’s such as GraphQL and REST in a distributed environment.
- Proficiency in tools like JIRA for defect tracking, bugs reporting and escalations and its application in agile development releases.
- Well-versed in continuous integration tools (e.g., Jenkins, GitLab).
- Experience in hiring, mentoring, and retaining world class dedicated team members across geographical regions.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a fast-moving environment interacting with multiple teams.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal.
- Dedicated to Agile development .
Life @ Balbix
Work life at Balbix is very rewarding! We are developing the world's most advanced platform to address what is perhaps the most important (and hardest) technology problem facing mankind today. Our team is collaborative, fast moving and fun-loving, a combination not always seen in cutting-edge B2B startups. Working with clarity of goals in a culture of alignment and bottom-up innovation, Balbix team members see an opportunity for rapid career growth. We encourage experimenting and continuous learning, a can-do attitude, excellence and ownership. We work hard, take great pride in our work, and have loads of fun along the way!
Top Notch Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and long-term disability coverage for you and your family
- Wellness program allowance to buy things that support your health and happiness
- Flex-Time-- anytime. Take time off as you need it. We appreciate good work and a good life, and know you want the same
- Free lunches 3x/week, Friday happy hours, regular off-sites.
- And we’re right next door to Santana Row- enjoy your time in (and out of) the office!
More information at https://www.balbix.com/join-us
. Please reach out if you want a seat on our rocket-ship and are passionate about changing the cybersecurity equation.