Balbix is looking for interns to work on our vulnerability engine. Balbix ingests information from many external sources into our data system. Our pipelines process these massive datasets, analyzing them along 100s of dimensions, and provide enterprise customers with recommendations to improve their cybersecurity posture.
Working with the rest of the team you will collaborate to deliver scalable, high quality software into production.
What you'll do and how you'll make an impact:
- Enhance Balbix product suite by writing efficient code to process external data
- Building software components to integrate extracted data into Balbix systems for seamless processing by our backend pipelines.
- Test, troubleshoot and monitor developed code thoroughly to rectify defects and performance deficiencies
- Work shoulder to shoulder with some of the best people in different disciplines (engineering, product management)
What you'll need:
- Strong CS fundamentals - math, data structures, algorithms and SDLC
- You must be pursuing a 4 year Bachelor’s degree in CS, and must have completed two years of study with good grades in relevant courses
- You must have experience developing software using Python
- Exposure to messaging systems like Kafka or Amazon SQS
- You must be able to communicate effectively and work independently under supervision
- Motivation and passion for programming and building world class software products
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of REST API frameworks (like Flask, Tornado)
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines
- Cybersecurity fundamentals
As an intern, you will have:
- Unparalleled opportunity to impact features in production — 90% of interns deployed production code last summer.
- High visibility across the company and beyond including the potential to publish blog posts, open source code or manuscripts in well-known conferences and internationally revered journals where appropriate — all interns gave company-wide talks last summer.
- A driver's seat view of a company at the inflection point of growth. You will see how the sales, marketing, and strategy are tightly coupled with product development and engineering functions at weekly timescales.
Life @ Balbix
Work life at Balbix is very rewarding! We are developing the world's most advanced platform to address what is perhaps the most important (and hardest) technology problem facing mankind today. Our team is collaborative, fast moving and fun-loving, a combination not always seen in cutting-edge B2B startups. Working with clarity of goals in a culture of alignment and bottom-up innovation, Balbix team members see an opportunity for rapid career growth. We encourage experimenting and continuous learning, a can-do attitude, excellence and ownership. We work hard, take great pride in our work, and have loads of fun along the way!