Balbix is looking for a Senior Software Engineer – Backend/Data pipeline. You will play a key role in building and scaling Balbix’s backend infrastructure. We use the latest technology including micro services, Kubernetes, Kafka, SQL and NoSQL data stores, GraphQL, RESTful APIs running in AWS and related cloud environments. As a
member of the Backend team you will collaborate closely with our data scientists, threat researchers and network experts to solve real-world problems plaguing cybersecurity.
- Architect, design and build scalable, reliable backend infrastructure to collect, process and store high volumes of data
- Architect, design, and test APIs for consumption by internal groups, external partners, and customers
- Streamline the DevOps lifecycle to ensure continuous deployment and delivery into production
- Collaborate with the data science team to architect, design and implement a scalable, reliable, and testable ML pipeline
- Proven track record of building and scaling high-volume, highly-available SaaS
- API design (e.g., RESTful Web services, GraphQL) for internal and external
- Experience developing and scaling data stores for large distributed systems
- Designed and developed distributed systems for real-time and batch processing
- Experience with databases systems of all sorts, including relational and NoSQL
solutions, and informed opinions on when to use them
- Bachelor's degree in CS or related discipline
- Minimum of 3-5 years of hands-in experience building backend components in one
or more of Python, GoLang, Java, C/C++
- Motivation and passion of building large-scale distributed systems with strong
This role represents a unique opportunity to join a hyper-growth company in a key role where you can make a big impact on the trajectory of the company and its products.
Life @ Balbix
Work life at Balbix is very rewarding! We are developing the world's most advanced platform to address what is perhaps the most important (and hardest) technology problem facing mankind today. Our team is collaborative, fast moving and fun-loving, a combination not always seen in cutting-edge B2B startups. Working with clarity of goals in a culture of alignment and bottom-up innovation, Balbix team members see an opportunity for rapid career growth. We encourage experimenting and continuous learning, a can-do attitude, excellence and ownership. We work hard, take great pride in our work, and have loads of fun along the way!
Top Notch Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and long-term disability coverage for you and your family
- Wellness program allowance to buy things that support your health and happiness
- Flex-Time-- anytime. Take time off as you need it. We appreciate good work and a good life, and know you want the same
- Free lunches 3x/week, Friday happy hours, regular off-sites.
- And we’re right next door to Santana Row- enjoy your time in (and out of) the office!