Balbix is looking for a Web Developer with a self-starter attitude to help maintain the Corporate Website, Blog and other marketing web properties. The Marketing Web Developer will primarily collaborate with other members of Marketing (Demand Generation, Product Marketing, Creative, Marketing Operations, Events, Communications) to deliver on lead generation and market awareness activities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Full-stack web development for multiple web properties
- Translate Photoshop and Sketch mockups into web pages
- Test user experience of all web properties across multiple browsers and screen sizes
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure website content and messaging is always up-to-date
- Identify areas of improvement for conversion rate optimization (CRO) across web properties
- Support the marketing team with day-to-day website update requests and bug fixes
- Coordinate and prioritize between general website maintenance tasks, technical debt and new projects
- In-depth knowledge of SEO best practices and process
- Create and maintain documentation for workflows and processes
- General awareness of user experience best practices for Marketing websites
- 2+ years in a similar web development role, preferably for Marketing in an Enterprise SaaS technology company
- Experience supporting and scaling public-facing web or application development environments
- Understands responsive design and how it applies to clean code, CSS, and graceful degradation/progressive enhancement
- Expertise with Wordpress CMS systems and cloud hosting
- Experience with Git/GitHub for version control
- Server-side programming experience and applicable skills in Java, PHP, and others
- Familiarity with Linux command prompt to manage WordPress instances and plugins
- AWS or similar system administration knowledge in NGINIX / Apache / Tomcat / Jetty / SOLR / etc.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, and learn rapidly with no adversity to context switching
Cybersecurity is hard because organizations have a massive and rapidly growing attack surface. At Balbix, we are pushing the edge of multiple technologies including big data, deep learning, AI based predictive analytics, and data driven user interfaces to provide a game-changing cybersecurity platform that helps organizations avoid breaches. Our rapidly growing set of customers range from small startups to some of the world's largest organizations. We have received the backing and support of industry luminaries such as John Chambers, raving reviews and customer testimonials, numerous industry awards, recognition by Gartner as a Cool Vendor, and by Frost & Sullivan.
Life @ Balbix
Work life at Balbix is very rewarding! We are developing the world's most advanced platform to address what is perhaps the most important (and hardest) technology problem facing mankind today. Our team is collaborative, fast moving and fun-loving, a combination not always seen in cutting-edge B2B startups. Working with clarity of goals in a culture of alignment and bottom-up innovation, Balbix team members see an opportunity for rapid career growth. We encourage experimenting and continuous learning, a can-do attitude, excellence and ownership. We work hard, take great pride in our work, and have loads of fun along the way!
Top Notch Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and long-term disability coverage for you and your family
- Wellness program allowance to buy things that support your health and happiness
- Flex-Time-- anytime. Take time off as you need it. We appreciate good work and a good life, and know you want the same
- Free lunches 3x/week, Friday happy hours, regular off-sites.
More information at https://www.balbix.com/join-us.
Please reach out if you want a seat on our rocket-ship and are passionate about changing the cybersecurity equation.