WHO WE ARE
Balbix is the world’s first platform to leverage specialized AI and gamification techniques to help organizations understand their exploding attack surface and manage their cybersecurity posture. Balbix predicts where and how breaches are likely to happen, prescribes prioritized mitigating actions, and enables workflows to address the underlying security issues. We enable CISOs and CIOs to reduce enterprise cyber risk by 95% or more, while making security teams 10 times more efficient.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a hands-on Sensor Lead / Architect, you will be expected to take ownership of and build highly reliable and massively enterprise deployable sensors for various operating systems and network environments. You will need to demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills to successfully execute on the engineering priorities in an agile, high-velocity development environment. We are attracted to people who are curious, quick-learners, self-driven and take immense pride in their work.
Balbix’s sensors include a network appliance and software sensors deployed at scale on our customers networks. Among the sensors responsibilities include: monitoring network traffic, scanning networks for asset information, inspecting software stacks, and scanning for vulnerabilities while minimizing system resources.
- Work closely with product management and company leadership to understand customer requirements and translate into saleable, supportable, and deployable sensor architecture
- Provide technical and architectural direction to the sensors team to ensure consistent architecture that maximizes feature velocity, reliability, supportability, and deployability
- Architect, design, and test APIs between the sensors and the Balbix Brain.
- Work closely with the Data Engineering team to ensure consistent and scalable data consumption across millions of sensors
- Streamline the software lifecycle to ensure continuous deployment and delivery into production
- Able to take on very complex problems, learn quickly, iterate, and persevere towards a robust solution
- Product-focused and passionate about building truly usable systems
- Collaborative and comfortable working across teams including engineering, front end, product management, and DevOps
- Responsible and like to take ownership of challenging problems
- A good communicator, and facilitate teamwork via good documentation practices
- Comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in designing algorithms for evolving needs
- Intuitive in using the right type of models to address different product needs
- Curious about the world and your profession, constant learner
- Extensive knowledge of networking
- Experience is developing real-time packet inspection software using DPDK or similar
- Expert knowledge of C, and C++
- Extensive experience with Linux, ideally in an appliance form factor
- Working knowledge of Python, Windows, and MAC OS
- Security best practices and design principles
- Proven track record of leading small teams
- Practical experience in Agile development methodologies such as Scrum
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
Life @ Balbix
At Balbix our work developing the world's most advanced platform to address what is perhaps the most important (and hardest) technology problem facing mankind today is exceptionally rewarding! We’ve built a culture
that aligns to our values of ownership, customer focus, curiosity, tenacity, innovation, judgement, teamwork, communication, honesty and impact. In joining our team you’ll work with exceptional people, build pioneering products and utilize cutting-edge technology. Our Balbix team members see rapid career growth opportunities stemming from our culture of alignment, bottom up innovation, our clarity of goals and unrelenting mission.
Benefits & Perks
Balbix offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and long-term disability coverage for you and your family. Our Flex Time Off policy encourages you to take time off when you need it because we know and value how hard you work. When it comes to our offices it’s location, location, location we’re right next door to Santana Row so you can enjoy your time in (and out) of the office!
Please reach out if you want a seat on our rocket-ship and are passionate about changing the cybersecurity equation.
At Balbix we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to equality, fairness and human kindness.