WHO WE ARE
Balbix is the world’s first platform to leverage specialized AI and gamification techniques to help organizations understand their exploding attack surface and manage their cybersecurity posture. Balbix predicts where and how breaches are likely to happen, prescribes prioritized mitigating actions, and enables workflows to address the underlying security issues. We enable CISOs and CIOs to reduce enterprise cyber risk by 95% or more, while making security teams 10 times more efficient.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Balbix is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our growing team. This role is critical in setting up our engineers for success and critical for our company to ensure that we deliver best of class and scalable platform. This role requires the ability to work in a wide variety of hosting environments and technology stacks with specific focus on AWS and a commitment to Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and continuous deployment. You will also assist in the configuration, installation of IT and engineering infrastructure (on premises and cloud).
The ideal candidate should possess a consistent track record of: massive scaling of applications and infrastructure, solving complex problems in AWS, IaC, CI/CD automation, and quickly learning and adapting to the constantly evolving technologies with AWS/Azure and other cloud providers.
- Work with the existing DevOps team to design and develop IaC components for the Balbix solution and internal engineering tools running in AWS.
- Building and deploying state-of-the-art security SaaS platform using the latest CI/CD techniques which are and fully automated, repeatable and secure.
- Administration of Linux systems at scale using automation.
- Secure infrastructure using security best practices (TLS, bastion hosts, certificate management, authentication and authorization, network segmentation etc.)
- Work with the existing DevOps team to design and develop a consistent deployment infrastructure for service mesh applications using technology such as Kubernetes, Istio, and Ambassador.
- Work with the existing DevOps team to design and implement a consistent logging, monitoring, and diagnostic system for the Balbix solutions.
- Able to take on very complex problems, learn quickly, iterate, and persevere towards a robust solution
- Product-focused and passionate about building truly usable systems
- Collaborative and comfortable working across teams including data engineering, front end, product management, and Data Science
- Responsible and like to take ownership of challenging problems
- A good communicator, and facilitate teamwork via good documentation practices
- Comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in designing algorithms for evolving needs
- Intuitive in using the right type of infrastructure models to address engineering and product needs
- Curious about the world and your profession, constant learner
- Ardent follower and adopter of security best practices
- 5+ years experience with IaC and related technologies such as Terraform, Pulumi, or CloudFormation
- Solid understanding of the AWS infrastructure (Azure is a plus) and working with services such as load balancers (ALB/ELB), IAM, KMS, EC2, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, Lambda etc.
- Familiar with configuration management systems such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- Knowledge of code management and deployment technologies such as GitLab, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, and Ansible
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both written and verbal
- Excellent time management skills while staying focused and calm under pressure in meeting competing deadlines, ability to quickly change priorities when needed
- Familiarity with Nginx, HA Proxy, Kafka, and other components used in public cloud environments
Life @ Balbix
At Balbix, we have built a culture
that aligns to our values of ownership, customer focus, curiosity, tenacity, innovation, judgement, teamwork, communication, honesty and impact. In joining our team you’ll work with very motivated and knowledgeable people, build pioneering products and utilize cutting-edge technology. Our Balbix team members see rapid career growth opportunities stemming from our culture of alignment, bottom up innovation, our clarity of goals and unrelenting mission. Last but not least, developing the world's most advanced platform to address what the most important (and hardest) technology problem facing mankind today is exceptionally rewarding!
Benefits & Perks
Balbix offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and long-term disability coverage for you and your family. Our Flex Time Off policy encourages you to take time off when you need it because we know and value how hard you work. When it comes to our offices it’s location, location, location we’re right next door to Santana Row so you can enjoy your time in (and out) of the office!
Please reach out if you want a seat on our rocket-ship and are passionate about changing the cybersecurity equation.
At Balbix we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to equality, fairness and human kindness.