Balbix is searching for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our growing team. This role is a critical one in our company to ensure that we deliver best of class platform and application management. This role requires the ability to work in a wide variety of hosting environments and technology stacks with specific focus on AWS and a commitment to Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and continuous deployment. You will also assist in the configuration, installation of IT and engineering infrastructure (on premises and cloud).
The ideal candidate should possess a consistent track record of: solving complex problems in AWS, IaC, CI/CD automation, and quickly learning new AWS services as they become available.
It is essential that all applicants be self-motivated, excellent communicator and well organized.
- Work with the existing DevOps team to design and develop IaC components for the Balbix solution and internal engineering tools running in AWS.
- Building and deploying state-of-the-art security product using the latest CI/CD techniques which are and fully automated, repeatable and secure.
- Administration of Linux systems at scale using automation.
- Secure infrastructure using security best practices (TLS, certificate management, authentication and authorization etc.)
- Work with the existing DevOps team to design and develop a consistent deployment infrastructure for service mesh applications using technology such as Kubernetes, Istio, and Ambassador.
- Work with the existing DevOps team to design and implement a consistent logging, monitoring, and diagnostic system for the Balbix solutions.
- Practical experience with IaC using tools such as Terraform, Pulumi, or CloudFormation
- At least two years of programming with Python or similar language.
- Administration of Linux systems at scale environment including experience with Python programming and shell scripting.
- Familiar with configuration management system such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- Expertise in deploying applications to multiple cloud providers such as AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Experience with AWS services such as VPC, ELB, IAM, KMS, EC2, Config, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, Lambda.
- Knowledge of deployment technology such as GitLab, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, and Ansible.
- Experience with security best practices.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both written and verbal.
- Focused and calm while under pressure in meeting competing deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills able to quickly change priorities when needed.
- Familiarity with middleware software such as Nginx, HA Proxy, Kafka, and other components used in public cloud environment is a plus.
Life @ Balbix
Work life at Balbix is very rewarding! We are developing the world's most advanced platform to address what is perhaps the most important (and hardest) technology problem facing mankind today. Our team is collaborative, fast moving and fun-loving, a combination not always seen in cutting-edge B2B startups. Working with clarity of goals in a culture of alignment and bottom-up innovation, Balbix team members see an opportunity for rapid career growth. We encourage experimenting and continuous learning, a can-do attitude, excellence and ownership. We work hard, take great pride in our work, and have loads of fun along the way!
Top Notch Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and long-term disability coverage for you and your family
- Wellness program allowance to buy things that support your health and happiness
- Flex-Time-- anytime. Take time off as you need it. We appreciate good work and a good life, and know you want the same
- Free lunches 3x/week, Friday happy hours, regular off-sites.
- And we’re right next door to Santana Row- enjoy your time in (and out of) the office!
Please reach out if you want a seat on our rocket-ship and are passionate about changing the cybersecurity equation.