Balbix is seeking a high-energy, detail-oriented, experienced Solutions Architect who is passionate about transforming the way security teams operate today. To succeed in this role, you possess a combination of advanced technology expertise and strategic business acumen. You have both broad and deep technology and information security industry knowledge, and the ability to architect solutions by mapping customer security/risk needs to the Balbix BreachControlTM platform. You have demonstrated ability to engage in senior level technology decision making discussions related to agility and business value, and end-to-end information technology security is a must. You also possess a passion for the customer which is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience.
You will help the customer account teams to identify, pursue and close strategic opportunities while continually driving add-on business within existing projects. You will assist customers in transforming their security posture, helping to increase their visibility across their network and asset inventory by 100x and boosting the efficiency of their security teams by 10x. Increased customer satisfaction and expansion opportunities are the key outcomes you will help drive. To succeed in this role, you must be a self-starter who excels in a high-touch, fast-paced, startup environment and who thrives on implementing revolutionary technology within customer security organizations. To accomplish this, you must be effective in fostering executive and technical level relationships. In some cases, you will also assist in contract negotiations and proposal development.
You must have proven experience managing projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing multi-phase/multi-dimensional/multi-resource projects to conclusion while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction. You are an individual who is resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated skill in both crisis management and expectation management.
The successful candidate will have a BS/BA degree (MS preferred) or equivalent work experience combined with a minimum of 10 years relevant industry experience providing security solution architecture and consulting.
Business: Opportunity Management - Participate with product and services sales teams to discover, diagnose, and deliver business value to the customer
- Position Balbix against competitive offerings and respond to customer RFIs
- Train and mentor partner technical staff on correctly implementing and positioning Balbix solutions to prospective customers and on managing Balbix deployments
Solution Development: Envision - Quantifies the needs of the business, delivers an appropriate strategy, and champions Balbix methodology.
Understand customer objectives and organize deployments and findings accordingly
- Assist Sales and Sales Engineers with proofs of value and pilots as needed
Solution Development: Plan - Collates detailed designs, validates the solution will work and is deployable/maintainable, and ensures the solution maps to the architecture and solves the business problem
Take ownership of managing customer transition from proof of value to deployment
- Organize and focus on removing deployment obstacles through creativity and
- Coordinate logistics across customers and the internal stakeholders (sales, product management and engineering) Improve or develop technical documentation to enable customers and partners
- Improve or develop technical documentation to enable customers and partners
Solution Development: Strategic Planning and Oversight - Uses experience to drive end to end solution for customer and evolve a long-term customer strategy/partnership with Balbix
- Assist customers with configuration, orientation, implementation and optimization
- Provide customers with security insights and including remediations
- Assist key partners within customer organizations with internal communications, positioning, reporting and strategy
- Provide customer insight into streamlining their security solution over time
- Provide 1st-level technical support throughout proof of value and deployment, and beyond
- Provide field feedback, including customer use cases and asks, to C-SAT, Product Management, Sales, Support, Engineering and Marketing teams
- Track, communicate and prioritize, with internal input, all customer asks and issues from capture to resolution, providing customer updates throughout
- Lead presentations, demonstrations and conversations with senior business & technical audiences within major enterprise accounts, as well as with channel partners
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (MA in computer networking/security is preferred)
- Minimum combined 10 years of Solutions Architect or Sales Engineer (SE) experience
- Minimum of 4+ years Security experience
- Working knowledge of notable security solutions and techniques including security trends, standards, best practices and vulnerability remediation, in addition to exploitation tools and methodologies
Security specific professional certifications, such as CISSP, CISM, CEH and others highly desirable
Applicable vendor-specific certifications in the security space are also desirable
- Networking knowledge is a must: understanding of network architecture; deployments; core switch and router configuration; appliance configuration and deployment; packet capture; traffic analysis and troubleshooting
- Experience generating executive summaries and giving presentations to executive audiences and explaining the benefits of the Balbix BreachControlTM platform
- Ability to lead and motivate technical communities
Life @ Balbix
Work life at Balbix is very rewarding! We are developing the world's most advanced platform to address what is perhaps the most important (and hardest) technology problem facing mankind today. Our team is collaborative, fast moving and fun-loving, a combination not always seen in cutting-edge B2B startups. Working with clarity of goals in a culture of alignment and bottom-up innovation, Balbix team members see an opportunity for rapid career growth. We encourage experimenting and continuous learning, a can-do attitude, excellence and ownership. We work hard, take great pride in our work, and have loads of fun along the way!
Top Notch Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and long-term disability coverage for you and your family
- Wellness program allowance to buy things that support your health and happiness
- Flex-Time-- anytime. Take time off as you need it. We appreciate good work and a good life, and know you want the same
- Free lunches 3x/week, Friday happy hours, regular off-sites.
More information at https://www.balbix.com/join-us
. Please reach out if you want a seat on our rocket-ship and are passionate about changing the cybersecurity equation.