, we are building a third-generation cybersecurity platform which uses deep learning and other advanced ML algorithms to help enterprise security teams proactively avoid cyber breaches.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented Linux System Engineer who is eager to build something extraordinary. In this role, you will join the system and network application development team responsible for developing system software for Windows, MacOS and embedded Linux. You will also collaborate with our team of data scientists, threat researchers and network experts to solve difficult cybersecurity problems.
Are you someone who can:
- Design and build scalable network applications and protocol parsers
- Collaborate with others to solve technical problems in a fast moving environment
- Take ownership of multiple software components & features
- Experiment, create prototypes and refine your work based on customer feedback
- Create and validate functional & design specs
- Investigate and debug software issues and resolve them timely
Required Experience and Skills
- Proficient in C, scripting languages (e.g., Python, shell) and network applications.
- Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux internals
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP headers, deep packet inspection and layer 7 protocols parsing.
- Comfortable using debugging tools such as gdb and valgrind.
- 10+ years track record of developing and shipping high quality products
- Be accountable for your work. Your passion for product ownership and track record of product development will prove critical to your success on our team.
- Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving exceptional quality.
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and organizational skills.
Cybersecurity is hard because organizations have a massive and rapidly growing attack surface. At Balbix, we are pushing the edge of multiple technologies including big data, deep learning, AI based predictive analytics, and data driven user interfaces to provide a game-changing cybersecurity platform that helps organizations avoid breaches. Our rapidly growing set of customers range from small startups to some of the world's largest organizations. We have received the backing and support of industry luminaries such as John Chambers, raving reviews and customer testimonials, numerous industry awards, recognition by Gartner as a Cool Vendor, and by Frost & Sullivan.
Life @ Balbix
Work life at Balbix is very rewarding! We are developing the world's most advanced platform to address what is perhaps the most important (and hardest) technology problem facing mankind today. Our team is collaborative, fast moving and fun-loving, a combination not always seen in cutting-edge B2B startups. Working with clarity of goals in a culture of alignment and bottom-up innovation, Balbix team members see an opportunity for rapid career growth. We encourage experimenting and continuous learning, a can-do attitude, excellence and ownership. We work hard, take great pride in our work, and have loads of fun along the way!
Top Notch Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and long-term disability coverage for you and your family
- Wellness program allowance to buy things that support your health and happiness
- Flex-Time-- anytime. Take time off as you need it. We appreciate good work and a good life, and know you want the same
- Free lunches 3x/week, Friday happy hours, regular off-sites.
- And we’re right next door to Santana Row- enjoy your time in (and out of) the office!
More information at https://www.balbix.com/join-us.
Please reach out if you want a seat on our rocket-ship and are passionate about changing the cybersecurity equation.